Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Magazines published in Greenville, about Greenville

28 posts in this topic

Putting together a Greenville packet to send to an out of stater......I'm enclosing magazines about Greenville, published in Greenville. Browsed through Barnes & Noble a couple of nights ago, and here are the ones I found. Are there others you guys would recommend?

I found:

"Greenville"

"Talk: Greenville"

"At Home in the Upstate"

"Greenville Design"

^^^Get your friend one of those downtown visitors guides they have downtown for free if you haven't yet. :)

Putting together a Greenville packet to send to an out of stater......I'm enclosing magazines about Greenville, published in Greenville. Browsed through Barnes & Noble a couple of nights ago, and here are the ones I found. Are there others you guys would recommend?

I found:

"Greenville"

"Talk: Greenville"

"At Home in the Upstate"

"Greenville Design"

Although it's not a magazine, you could also include a copy of The Beat in order to give them a slightly different flavor.

I definitely second the suggestion to include a visitor's guide.

Great info guys! Thank you!

This is turning out to be quite the nice little bundle of info. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would include a copy of GreerNow and maybe the newest copies of Behind the Counter and The Book of Lists.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I think I got every single magazine you guys mentioned. Took them by Fed X yesterday....quite the sizable little package. Lets hope we have a new family of 5 moving to Greenville shortly. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the recommendations. I think I got every single magazine you guys mentioned. Took them by Fed X yesterday....quite the sizable little package. Lets hope we have a new family of 5 moving to Greenville shortly. :thumbsup:

Update. The magazines and brochures got their interest. They are flying in the weekend of the 31st for a long weekend in Greenville and just to check out the place.

Update. The magazines and brochures got their interest. They are flying in the weekend of the 31st for a long weekend in Greenville and just to check out the place.

I have to chime in on Talk: Greenville. I saw an ad for this magazine in The Greenville Jounal. It said it was a magazine about Greenville catered to middle-upper class residents. I thought it sounded cool so I ordered it. As a 25 year old male, I have to say I'm very disappointed. The whole magazine seems catered to women, something I wish they would have made apparent in their advertisement.

I have to chime in on Talk: Greenville. I saw an ad for this magazine in The Greenville Jounal. It said it was a magazine about Greenville catered to middle-upper class residents. I thought it sounded cool so I ordered it. As a 25 year old male, I have to say I'm very disappointed. The whole magazine seems catered to women, something I wish they would have made apparent in their advertisement.

Hahaha...I feel the same way. It caters to the "Augusta Road" types...especially the women. Very snooty, very hoity-toity. The photo galleries in the back are absolutely hilarious. Rich people getting together and celebrating themselves. We get the magazine here at work and get a kick out of it's inflamed sense of self-worth.

Ah yes, the 'ol look at me I'm hob nobbing, have a mixed drink in my hand and wearing a tux just to look important photos. I went and took photos at one of those kind of events one time and couldn't wait to leave, go home and put on my sweats and chill out. I felt like I was at a funeral home instead of a social event.

I think functions like that are good. While nobody goes to them every day, they are beneficial in order to stay balanced as a person. I guess I like the idea because it's an oppportunity to be exposed to people you might not otherwise be around. You might be surprised at how interesting and down-to-earth many of them are. :thumbsup:

I think functions like that are good. While nobody goes to them every day, they are beneficial in order to stay balanced as a person. I guess I like the idea because it's an oppportunity to be exposed to people you might not otherwise be around. You might be surprised at how interesting and down-to-earth many of them are. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Reminds me of one of my grandmothers sayings....."Eat with the kings, bed down with the servants".

Be friendly and open to all.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go to one of these events but the photos you see of them tend to capture the worst motivation for going. I do a LOT of networking. If it wasn't for networking I doubt I would be in business and doing as well as I am. I'd just love to see photos at some of these events where people don't know their photo is being taken and they can be seen networking with each other and not with the camera.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go to one of these events but the photos you see of them tend to capture the worst motivation for going. I do a LOT of networking. If it wasn't for networking I doubt I would be in business and doing as well as I am. I'd just love to see photos at some of these events where people don't know their photo is being taken and they can be seen networking with each other and not with the camera.