Magazines published in Greenville, about Greenville

gs3

Putting together a Greenville packet to send to an out of stater......I'm enclosing magazines about Greenville, published in Greenville. Browsed through Barnes & Noble a couple of nights ago, and here are the ones I found. Are there others you guys would recommend?

I found:

"Greenville"

"Talk: Greenville"

"At Home in the Upstate"

"Greenville Design"

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putting together a Greenville packet to send to an out of stater......I'm enclosing magazines about Greenville, published in Greenville. Browsed through Barnes & Noble a couple of nights ago, and here are the ones I found. Are there others you guys would recommend?

I found:

"Greenville"

"Talk: Greenville"

"At Home in the Upstate"

"Greenville Design"

• 3 weeks later...

I have to chime in on Talk: Greenville. I saw an ad for this magazine in The Greenville Jounal. It said it was a magazine about Greenville catered to middle-upper class residents. I thought it sounded cool so I ordered it. As a 25 year old male, I have to say I'm very disappointed. The whole magazine seems catered to women, something I wish they would have made apparent in their advertisement.

I have to chime in on Talk: Greenville. I saw an ad for this magazine in The Greenville Jounal. It said it was a magazine about Greenville catered to middle-upper class residents. I thought it sounded cool so I ordered it. As a 25 year old male, I have to say I'm very disappointed. The whole magazine seems catered to women, something I wish they would have made apparent in their advertisement.

Hahaha...I feel the same way. It caters to the "Augusta Road" types...especially the women. Very snooty, very hoity-toity. The photo galleries in the back are absolutely hilarious. Rich people getting together and celebrating themselves. We get the magazine here at work and get a kick out of it's inflamed sense of self-worth.

Ah yes, the 'ol look at me I'm hob nobbing, have a mixed drink in my hand and wearing a tux just to look important photos. I went and took photos at one of those kind of events one time and couldn't wait to leave, go home and put on my sweats and chill out. I felt like I was at a funeral home instead of a social event.

I think functions like that are good. While nobody goes to them every day, they are beneficial in order to stay balanced as a person. I guess I like the idea because it's an oppportunity to be exposed to people you might not otherwise be around. You might be surprised at how interesting and down-to-earth many of them are. :thumbsup:

I think functions like that are good. While nobody goes to them every day, they are beneficial in order to stay balanced as a person. I guess I like the idea because it's an oppportunity to be exposed to people you might not otherwise be around. You might be surprised at how interesting and down-to-earth many of them are. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying I wouldn't go to one of these events but the photos you see of them tend to capture the worst motivation for going. I do a LOT of networking. If it wasn't for networking I doubt I would be in business and doing as well as I am. I'd just love to see photos at some of these events where people don't know their photo is being taken and they can be seen networking with each other and not with the camera.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go to one of these events but the photos you see of them tend to capture the worst motivation for going. I do a LOT of networking. If it wasn't for networking I doubt I would be in business and doing as well as I am. I'd just love to see photos at some of these events where people don't know their photo is being taken and they can be seen networking with each other and not with the camera.

Archived