2007 Detroit Tigers!

allbusiness

2007 Detroit Tigers!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Predictions: How will the Tigers do in 2007?

• All the way Baby! World Series Champion!
    • ALCS champion, but they'll choke in the series (again)
    • They'll win the division, but that's it.
    • Won't even win the division. They were a flash in the pan.
    • Tigers? Is that a baseball team? When does football stat?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am a white sox fan first and foremost. :ph34r:

I see the tigers as the top contender for the Central crown. They have the least amount of question marks in the majors. However, the indians, white sox, and twins will be in the mix and are also good enough to win the division. The Indians are my suprise team this year due to having a solid staff one through five and a decent bullpen now to go along with a pretty darned good lineup.

On paper here in the month of February, I see the tigers and red sox duking it out in the ALCS with the red sox winning the ALCS and the series. The central is good enough to get the wild card spot but the yankees/red sox/blue jays(?) will be lurking as well. Four decent to great teams in one division plus a royals team who is starting to get some prospects playing at the top level will make for an interesting ride again this season.

I voted winning it all, however, I think that's my eternal optimism towards Detroit sports teams talking. However, the Tigers have several question marks.

- How will Verlander hold up? He tired down at the end of last season, however they were careful with his pitch counts. Can we get at least 80% of last year's Kenny Rogers? If so, I think he'll anchor the rotation again, especially with his leadershop amongst the starting five.

- How will Sheffield integrate himself within the lineup? He's always respected Jim Leyland, so this should work out fine and make the lineup even stronger next year, especially with growth of CF Curtis Granderson.

I think my main worry is that so many players had such great years that its possible that they could regress, somewhat similar to what happened to the White Sox last, however, the main difference is that Chicago won it all, and Detroit is still hungry to win it all.

The 2007 Detroit Tigers are a championship team on paper for sure!!! I believe it all starts with leadership and Leyland is clearly the man! However, they need to limit their injuries if they're going to stay in it. I'm not sure how deep their bench is this year, but I think we can all remember what happened last year when Polanco went down and we had to rely on Neifi Perez. God forbid we lose a player in a key position like Pudge, Guillen or Ordonez. Also, I'm curious to see how Sheffield will pan out. I don't want to see a new version of Juan Gonzalez :angry: ! What I'm really excited to see is how the pitching staff will improve this year. I'm confident that Bondo will have his best season this year and that Verlander will continue to improve. The rest of the staff is good for at least ten wins each. I believe that with the leadership of Kenny Rogers and the confidence they gained from pitching through the playoffs will also help them vastly. I can't wait for this season to start so we can see how the Tigers defend the Al crown. I love the tigers and always have!!! Bless you boys!!!

Well, the pitchers are being worked the hardest at spring training. Their fielding errors alone may have cost the Tigers and World Series last year, or were a big part of it.

I'm going down on March 30 for the last spring training "home game" against -- the Yankees!

Oh, how long I've waited for this, the opportunity to not look like a fool when I predict a 97 win season from my beloved Tigers...

I grew up a Tigers fan, religiously attending many games a year, calling in sick to work or skipping classes in high school and college for Opening Day, pulling my hair out all summer from the late 1990s to 2005. I stayed by their side when my friends made the Cubs Conversion or the Great Boston Leap. Every year, even when I knew better, I said, "This is the year we turn it around." Every year I was wrong. But for the first time since the late 80's, this Tigers team has to be the favorite in the AL.

Pitching - the strong suit. Bonderman getting better every day, Verlander is great (keep him under 200 innnings), Rogers is steady and strong at 41, Robertson improving every day, and the fifth starter spot should be a healthy Maroth, who was having a great year up to his injury in 06. The bullpen lost Walker, but replaced him with Ledezma and Campusano (who has great stuff), Jones is a rollercoaster that always finds a way, Rodney would be the star of nearly any other bullpen, and Zumaya? Kid's electric.

The order got SO MUCH BETTER with Sheff it's not funny. Granderson should be better at leadoff, and if he struggles, Polanco has been there before and will again hit .300+. Guillen is a stud that does everything, Ordonez will see more hittable pitches with Sheff in front of him, and the nottom of our order stacks up to anyones in ball today, even NYY.

I see them winning 95-100 games and taking a very good Central away from three other good teams in ChiTown, Minny, and Cleveland. KC will even be better this year with Meche and their young nucleus. They proved last year they can beat the Yankees lineup, Boston has alot of question marks, and Oakland will be down w/o Zito. Detroit should see Anahiem (NOT LA!!!) in the ALCS and then the Mets or Dodgers in the WS. Let's bring it home this time, boys!

Archived