Cranston: old police HQ

Lone Ranger

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Sprawlirific! I mean, forget about the reason all those people moved out to the farmland of Western Cranston in the first place - you know - to escape all the congestion and streets too narrow for their SUV's - and all those ugly shopping plaza's.

And I'm happy to see the Cranston "Planning" Department is keeping this idea "on the table."

Go Cranston, keep on shining! We love you, you morons!

• 2 weeks later...
Yay! Sprawlirific! I mean, forget about the reason all those people moved out to the farmland of Western Cranston in the first place - you know - to escape all the congestion and streets too narrow for their SUV's - and all those ugly shopping plaza's.

And I'm happy to see the Cranston "Planning" Department is keeping this idea "on the table."

Go Cranston, keep on shining! We love you, you morons!

wow, pretty harsh stereotype for people who decided to move to western cranston... who are you to throw the first stone?

you must drive a prius, drive on only narrow streets, shop at only so-called pretty shops in congested urban areas... oh and you must have went to Harvard... you genius :P

I see your point, but I don't agree with it. Every architectural decision, whether a building abuts a sidewalk or has a parking lot in front of it, does change how people treat each other. I'm more apt to treat you humanely if I meet you face-to-face on a sidewalk - as opposed to equating you with the anonymous jerk in the automobile that's blocking my quickest exit from the parking lot in front of the building!

No, it just means they're business-centric - and there's nothing wrong with that. Aram Garabedian seems like a decent guy. I know for a fact that he helps certain Armenian-owned businesses. [naive pipedream] It would just be nice if occasionally developers could make a small sacrifice or two for the sake of the bigger picture and make an environmentally-responsible decision or two, regardless of the impact on their personal bottom line.[/naive pipedream]

Building yet another mall - in Western Cranston - doesn't help anybody except the developer and the business people involved. OK, and maybe the teenager living on Pippin Orchard Road won't nave to drive the extra 10 minutes to get to the closest Forever 21.

Is it good for the environment?

Absolutely not. It will put stress on the infrastructure, bring more ugliness to an area that not too long ago was farmland and natural areas, subtract from the canopy, add pavement, etc etc.

Will it be successful if it gets built?

Undoubtedly so.

i would argue otherwise, reason being that most people moved out of the cities because of the way people treated each other, [i.e. crime, overcrowding, taxes, run-down infrastructure, privacy, schools, economic and social issues, etc etc] thats a fact. city life became too cumbersome and people desired to live elsewhere. this migration happened all over the country for the better part of the 20th century.

Archived