Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nmcheese

Archdale / I-77 Redevelopment

13 posts in this topic

Noticed some new signs on the morning commute - on Archdale right at I-77, apparently both sides of the street including the Lighthouse restaurant and a couple run down hotels. It's about time this area was improved - given the under 10min commute to downtown from there it will be interesting to see if there is a residential component.

I'll try to get a name/website on the way home, but if anyone knows anything- post away.

Wow - that's an huge improvement over what's there - thanks for the link.

From the site plan I don not see any renderings for the Hotel. Does anyone know if that is the portion of the development that will front the Interstate, and if so, how tall will this be?

FWIW, this is one hell of a make over for that area of town. :thumbsup: It defintaley will improve the unsightliness of that area from both Archdale and 77.

A2

I've often thought there's a story behind this site. The office building (to convert to condos) looks fairly new. There must have been a major miscalculation on the part of the old owners.

Built in 1971, but there was a substantial update a couple of years back. Before that it was boarded up (burned out?). I kind of like the look of the place with the face lift.

Bit of a tough neighborhood though.

This is one of the creepiest areas of southwest Charlotte. I avoid using that I-77 exit because the strange design it has - but the decaying buildings around here add to that aversion.

I've always thought it a waste, that the quite hilly landforms nearby, were used for cheap apartment complexes. Something much more interesting could have been built there that fits into the topography.

From the site plan I don not see any renderings for the Hotel. Does anyone know if that is the portion of the development that will front the Interstate, and if so, how tall will this be?

I've always thought it a waste, that the quite hilly landforms nearby, were used for cheap apartment complexes. Something much more interesting could have been built there that fits into the topography.

I think it will benefit from having the LRT go by there so close so it could see a revival that was as fast as its fall.