New 25 Story Condo Tower for SoBro

Nashvillain

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree with Hankster here to a point. We have gone from no condos DT to just a few, with a lot under construction. My only concern is the amount of high end units being added to that particular mkt. That is in danger of overheating IMO. Right now construction cost is going out of site and that may be the problem with a lot of the new units that have been announced.

The problem with the construction cost is that corners start to be cut and cheaper building materials are going to be used. We may have to wait on a little cool down and the market settling down a little.

The downtown high-end market is being further pinched with Belle Meade's own ultra-luxury projects. That ten-story job, the name of which escapes me, and the new CODA development at the Belle Meade Country Club, with prices ranging from $1.278-2.75 million. This certainly poses some competition for "signature" projects and the life. It'll be interesting to see how all this shakes out. In the meantime, life goes on.

• 3 months later...

The development folder folder for this project has grown to 30 page doc with a ton of info.

Architectural Contract Awarded to Fowlkes and Associates

Gen Contractor is Hardaway Construction Corp

Sales and Marketing contract awarded to Village

122 MDHA Req Suites

40 Execureive

6 Luxury

6 Penhouses

174 units total

Project total cost 50 mil

Lots of numbers and cash breakdown, all together interesting but still no renders

http://www.belewgroup.com/sales/Sobro%20IM.pdf

The development folder folder for this project has grown to 30 page doc with a ton of info.

Architectural Contract Awarded to Fowlkes and Associates

Gen Contractor is Hardaway Construction Corp

Sales and Marketing contract awarded to Village

122 MDHA Req Suites

40 Execureive

6 Luxury

6 Penhouses

174 units total

Project total cost 50 mil

Lots of numbers and cash breakdown, all together interesting but still no renders

http://www.belewgroup.com/sales/Sobro%20IM.pdf

egads... that appears to be a powerpoint presentation that they've taken to the banks. Nothing noteworthy about the project per-se. I see they still seem to be stuck on that Florida beachfront design. Gee, that won't stand out like a mangled thumb in the Nashville skyline. That presentation doesn't convince me.

egads... that appears to be a powerpoint presentation that they've taken to the banks. Nothing noteworthy about the project per-se. I see they still seem to be stuck on that Florida beachfront design. Gee, that won't stand out like a mangled thumb in the Nashville skyline. That presentation doesn't convince me.

Archived