New 25 Story Condo Tower for SoBro

Nashvillain

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL... "couple blocks"... "interior and decor"..."yet remaining timeless and elegant"???? OMG!!! There's no accounting for taste. The web site indicates a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. So you shouldn't expect much from the perveyors of such dribble. Unfortunately, this seems to be someone (or ones) who only knows about making an easy buck. It also reminds me of those hucksters who (like the one featured in the front page article of Thursday's WSJ) who will pump up a project and bilk investors before losing every cent. Prospective investors should stay as far away from this project as possible.

Holy smokes! I can't believe how unbelievably horrible this project is. Put aside, for a moment, the tower itself...nondescript easy-out rotated glass box that it is...and consider the actual part of the building people will see when they walk down the street (and yes, my friends, successful urban design can not be limited to the gentle crafting of Interstate views). Poverty in the public realm! What an utter piece of garbage! This thing makes the Crown look like Whitehall, and the Encore look like a pre-sealed arcade Palazzo Medici! A glass box sitting on a pediment of mute parking garage...how redneck can you get?

Hmmmm, Construction by October???

What needs to be done.... (not in this order)

Finalize purchase of land - June 1, 2007

Build Sales Office

Establish Financing

Special Permit for Building Height (Metro Takes For ever)

Contract Architicet

Contract Construction Company

Contract Design Engineers

Contract Sales and Marketing

Demo of Current Building on Site

Lay in Pipe and Sewer Work

With prices like that I don't see this selling out at record pace like the Icon. It will take time.

If this project does happen it will prob. be at the 16 story proposal and we wont see construction till sometime next year. That is unless the developer has been working on this for some time and has leads on all of these things.... But prob not.

Good point NewTowner. I agree that it looks like they have done a little right, copy, paste on their website. Has anyone called the NBJ writer to ask them the great questions posted here on this thread? I think it would be crazy to think that they actually did any looking into this project.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the opportunity to read the entire NBJ article and the highlights were hoping to break ground by October, 300 to 350 per sq ft, and two options. One is a 14 story w 150 units and the other is a 25 story and 200 units. The property is currently owned by Jim Varrello. Not sure of the spelling but he is the developer of Cumberland Yacht harbor.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats good news. I had more doubt on the project when I drove by last week and saw a sign letting pepople know that thre was office space available and to inqure within.

Still would liek to see a real press kit on this one. Perhaps once demo is done and they start pursuing this furthur well see some serious info

This is pretty weird looking for SoBro. But, since it's south of town, we could rename that area SoBeNa, for South Beach Nashville. Since SoBro would be north of this, the residents wouldn't go uptown, they'd go north to SoBro, or NoSoBro, or south to SoSoBro. If the new fire station has volleyball, we may be working on something big here.

Only beach property in town with alleys. Old Time Pottery has a sale of plastic palms this week.

This is pretty weird looking for SoBro. But, since it's south of town, we could rename that area SoBeNa, for South Beach Nashville. Since SoBro would be north of this, the residents wouldn't go uptown, they'd go north to SoBro, or NoSoBro, or south to SoSoBro. If the new fire station has volleyball, we may be working on something big here.

Only beach property in town with alleys. Old Time Pottery has a sale of plastic palms this week.

Archived