New 25 Story Condo Tower for SoBro

Nashvillain

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure when they changed the pdf but here's the latest link up on their site. All the symphony hall pics have been removed.

http://www.belewgroup.com/sales/Symphony_tower.pdf

The photos of the building have changed as well since I last saw the pdf about a week or two ago. Still no actual rendering of the building, but the pics are different from their first attempt at a packet.

Check it out....

Okay so I decided to give these guys a call as well and here is what they had to say....

Sales office will open in the Fall maybe late Fall......The Village Reality will be handeling the sales of the units and will have more info once the sales office opens. The renderings on the site are very prelim. I was told that there is a firm working on the project (I forgot to ask what firm). The photos on the web are the ones given to the firm to get an idea of what type of vision Blew has for the property. The main things requested off of the photos on their website was the number of storys and the size and feel of the balconies. Large balconies seems important to the project. It's a great idea. I've seen some Miami condos with large balconies and they are very very nice.

The lady was very nice. I left my number with them so I can take a look at this when and if it ever develops. The wife and I are thinking about making the move to a DT condo in the next couple of years and are eyeing a number of projects.

Bassically the lady said the whole project is in it's very early stages of development. Completion date on the project has not been set because it all depends on the background work needed to proceed.

The positive news is that they are still moving ahead and are dumping money into the project. It will be interesting to see how the renderings come out.

I decided to give them a call too. I talked to the owner...duh...I didn't get his name.

They are planning on the top two floors being 6000+ sf units. On the next 4 or so floors the units will be in the 3100 sf range. Below that they will drop down to 1000 sf and a bit smaller. He said the market had plenty in the 2000 range so they were not going to do that size, but the plumbing stacks are situated so that two 1000 sf units can be combined into a 2000sf size.

Yes, the huge balconies are real and some units will have gas grills on them.

He said these will be in the $350/ sf range. Only $2.1 M for the big ones...

The only difference I heard was June 1 to start sales prior to them being offered by Village Real Estate, where the 6% fee can fee avoided. He expects to occupy lower floors in Jan/Feb of '09. Upper floors will be about 90 days later.

The top floor unit is already sold and he said they are getting a lot of interest in the building.

He indicated they had already completed the preliminary approvals for the site use.

He said the building would look similar to the rendering, but without the beach color scheme.

Thanks for the scoop! The developer sounds pretty confident. It's a shame I can't quite share his enthusiasm yet. Let's just see how this thing goes. This will not be an attractive skyscraper, but maybe it will be a lot better than the renderings show.

I must assume this project will be at least 250 feet tall. Will this thing require a skyplane variance?

Having read Topcat's post and visited the developer's webpage I must say that this has to be one of the goofiest condo proposals I've ever seen in Nashville. I'll wager this: if this guy breaks ground in 2007 (or 2008) with anything even remotely close to the wacko project he's promising to build I'll pick up the tab for all your forum meets at Provence for a year. How's that ??

And while I'm ranting, is there a developer client anywhere on the planet that Village won't offer to represent these days ? At one time they had a pretty hip/cool reputation and only seemed to align with similarly situated developers but things seem to have changed IMO. What's up with the Chesterfield deal they've been peddling for the GA dorm developers ? Not sure whether this one will go forward or not but it's also pretty bad, even with all the Village window dressing.

Hey Jeeper,

I think that is a very safe bet. I agree with you on this project. There are a lot of hurdles to overcome and this guy has not got the experience to pull this one off as it currently stands. On top of that he would have to get a height variance for that location that I don

• 1 month later...
How original. Almost as creative as the first name, or the Panama City Beach condo rendering originally offered as inspiration for the forthcoming design. :lol: What's next, The Korean ? This project team is looking about as experienced and talented as the Hayes team doing The West End (behind Walgreens). I hope for their sake they figure out how deep the water is sooner than Hayes did. I'm guessing he's probably starting to wish he'd been unsuccesful getting the zoning changed for that one.

^Easy Hankster, I was referring to more than just the name. After all, a name is just a name. Anyone who's seen everything this Lebanon guy has posted on his website (mispellings and all) should have grave reservations about whether he has any business trying to develop a $50 million plus urban mixed use project. If you think otherwise then you should get on his list early for a shot at the Village VIP party.

What's wrong with "The Sobro?" I think it's a great name for the condo project in the area. So I guess all projects that have names after the area they're located are lame. We'll tell that to the developers of dozens of West End "this or that" projects or Brentwood "this or that" projects. Good grief!

• 3 weeks later...

From the Nashville Post

Looks as if this may be a little closer than some may think or want.

*A partnership consisting of Lebanon businessman and developer Sonny Belew and developer Mark Lineberry has bought the site for the possible condo tower at 300 Peabody St. for $3.75 million.

*sticking to the 160-foot maximum

*The units' pricing will run from $330 to $400 per square foot. Belew said many of the condominiums would be priced at $289,000.

*175 units to break ground in Oct and open by 2009

Archived