Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winston

17 Sydney Sunset Pics + Panoramas

I know that they aren't that great, but hey, better something than nuffin, so enjoy!. :) If you want any picture in the original 2592x1944 (5MP) pics, just request and I'll post here.

766.jpg

767.jpg

768.jpg

769.jpg

770.jpg

771.jpg

772.jpg

773.jpg

774.jpg

775.jpg

776.jpg

777.jpg

778.jpg

2752.jpg

680.jpg

681.jpg

682.jpg

2752.jpg

darharsmall3.jpg

darling_pan4.jpg

DSC00102_2.jpg

pjackson.jpg

Also on SSC

DSC00055.JPG

Winston, :)

Those are great Winston! Thanks so much for posting them here! Very awesome indeed! Sydney has a subway system does it not?

Guest donaltopablo

I don't know why you'd say they weren't great, those are awesome pictures.

Why did you say they weren't that great? Because those were awesome pics, Winston! I can't wait to go there someday!

I don't know why you'd say they weren't great, those are awesome pictures.

Hehe, I meant the quality of the pictures, they're only at 640x480 ;).

Sydney has a subway system does it not?

Yup, we do have a subway system, here are some pics:

DSC00327Small1.JPG

DSC00326Small.JPG

We also have buses, above ground trains, ferries, light-rail and monorail. :)

DSC00073Small.JPG

The three main types used on the subway:

Well you have the Tangaras:

tangara.jpg

The Millenium Trains:

mill.jpg

And these:

normal1.jpg

*Above 3 pictures not taken by me ;)

Subway looks very sleek and clean! The trains looks a little weird, different than what is typically used in the US, especially the first train!

Hehe, also, all our suburban trains are double-decker :) Here's some interior pics of the Millenium trains...

mill2.jpg

mill3.jpg

*Pics not taken by me ;)

Wow! I love the picture of the Sydney Harbor Bridge at night. It is an awesome structure! :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How quaint your U.S. spelling of "Harbor" - Of course the Australian spelling is HarboUr. :)

...and yes, it is The Sydney Harbour Bridge, an awesome structure...one of several Sydney icons, but possibly amongst the more important, most predominantly The Sydney Opera House (of course).

Those are great Winston!  Thanks so much for posting them here!  Very awesome indeed!  Sydney has a subway system does it not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it's not so much a subway system... more like a rail system where some stations have been shoved underground due to lack of space above ground...

Nice photos!

Sydney looks wonderful!

I'll have to go visit it one day! My aunt and uncle did a couple of years ago during the Olympics, and they loved the place!

I think someone should vote Sydney as the next "world class" city, anyone else? It is famous, has landmarks, is a top destination, a business center, a cultural center, etc.. It has what it takes. It's gorgeous, if I were going to live anywhere besides United States of America, it would be Australia (the accent drives me wild) :rofl:

What a beautiful place!!! These pictures are wonderful. I love the Sydney Opera House. The city as a whole fit wonderfully as a true world city.