Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

Providence Open Market

105 posts in this topic

i agree with jef. I love the open space there. I think its a great location for outdoor festivals, parties, balls, events, markets etc. I'm not loving the surface parking, and i am pretty sure that the landscaping in containers doesn't by any stretch cover the requirements for even a temporary parking lot, so i'd like to see that rectified by springtime (and i'm happy to make suggestions!) if there isn't a deal inked by then to build something. Some creative lighting, some benches, some programing at lunch time in the nice weather, a hot dog cart--it could be post office square at Milk Street...

oh my cod. i just cried. It is possible that some of my faith in the city has been restored. is this a real real thing?!!!!!

We have been working with the South End Open Market to bring the *new* Providence Open Market to the Grant's Block site beginning on May 12, 2007. It will run every Saturday through the end of October. It should be pretty exciting!

We have been working with the South End Open Market to bring the *new* Providence Open Market to the Grant's Block site beginning on May 12, 2007. It will run every Saturday through the end of October. It should be pretty exciting!

sounds like something a nonprofit like mine (and others) might like to have a table at once in a while...how would one go about getting hooked up?

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris, Im one of the organizers for new Proidence Open Market.

We are currently looking for vendors for the Providence Open Market.

If you, or someone you know may be interetsted send them to the website http://www.providenceopenmarket.com to apply.

Help spread the word!

calltovendors.jpg

Non profits can set up for free at the Market. Do any of you have ideas on how to get in touch RISDI students / alumni? Are there any blogs, forums etc?

Thanks

Chris

Do any of you have ideas on how to get in touch RISDI students / alumni? Are there any blogs, forums etc?

Thanks

Chris

Non profits can set up for free at the Market. Do any of you have ideas on how to get in touch RISDI students / alumni? Are there any blogs, forums etc?

Thanks

Chris

Add to that the 4 new retailers opening on Westminster St this spring!!! YAY!

I like the booth in the poster where the girl is selling cupcakes. I'm so first in line for that one!

Add to that the 4 new retailers opening on Westminster St this spring!!! YAY!

I have another question

We are printing up "call to vendors" posters and bringing them Dowtown to distribute next week. Where are some good places with high visbility to post (cafes, student centers, galleries, stores etc.) ?

Thanks

I have another question

We are printing up "call to vendors" posters and bringing them Dowtown to distribute next week. Where are some good places with high visbility to post (cafes, student centers, galleries, stores etc.) ?

Thanks

I like the booth in the poster where the girl is selling cupcakes. I'm so first in line for that one!

I have another question

Thanks

Don't forget the West Side!

Classic Cafe, 865 Westminster St (across from Citizen's).. they have a big community bulletin board up front

White Electric, 711 Westminster

Julian's, 318 Broadway

My list above was certainly not meant to be comprehensive, I was posting places then had to move on to something else.

Basically, just walk up and down the streets of Downcity, there are plenty of shops that should want to support something that will bring more people to the area.

Wow. These are all places I haven't heard of. I need to get west more.

Not exactly downtown, but White Electric would be a good place to hang a flier too.

K.

ps-oops - totally missed the last few posts in this thread. :whistling: So, yeah, I second the West End places!

I have another question

Thanks

The WBNA is a good resource for getting info out to the West End. Also, did someone already suggest the Decatur?

I should assume you're working with Farm Fresh RI on getting produce & other local food vendors, right?

Marketmanager- I wanted to send you a personal message, but I was denied. Are you accepting PMs?