NewBridge Bank Park

cityboi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the stadium will be built around the same size. I heard that Winston-Salem's stadium will have about 6,000 fixed seats which the number of seats Greensboro's stadium has but I'm sure like Greensboro, it will hold 9,000 people once you include grassy berms, skybox seats, picnic areas and standing room. As for the design, i'm not sure if they will build the retro stlye like in Greensboro but that seems to be the norm when building new ballparks. The project is actually more modeled after Durham's ballpark in that an office complex will be connected to the ballpark. Winston-Salem's office building will be larger and taller though.

• 2 years later...

two more party decks will be added to First Horizon Park, expanding the stadium's seating capacity.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RSTAFF/71025015

More than 1.25 million fans have gone to First Horizon Park since it opened, making Greensboro the only Class A team in the history of Minor League Baseball to draw more than 400,000 fans and grow its attendance for three consecutive years in a new ballpark. って宇宙飛行士とちゃうの

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks if you havent heard, First Horizon Park will be NewBridge Bank Park

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RSTAFF/71108029

This is a very smart move on the part of NewBridge Bank. This will greatly help get the bank's new name out there. Now if they would only decide to relocate their HQ downtown. That would be nice!

This is a very smart move on the part of NewBridge Bank. This will greatly help get the bank's new name out there. Now if they would only decide to relocate their HQ downtown. That would be nice!

I know and wed probabally at the very least get a 10-story headquarters out of it. I think its very possibly at some point in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Its getting dangerous to watch a simple baseball game. A spectator watching a Hoppers game last Friday got struck and his eyeball crushed from a foul ball, permantly blinding him in one eye. If it had hit him a little to the left in his temple it would have killed him. He said if he had stayed a few seconds longer at the concessions it would not have happen. The man said he not going to anymore ball games.

When I last saw a Hoppers game a few weeks ago, a foul ball seriously injured a kid in the same section and the paramedics had to take him out. What ever you do, stay out of section 113 or any section near the kids play area. Thats the bad part. The most dangerous section where the balls tend to go is in the YMCA family/children's section. They need more nets. And how about higher nets behind right field. The nets they have are too low and home run balls fly out into the street where any car driving by can get hit or a car parked on the street can get damaged.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2008/08...ng_his_left_eye

• 5 months later...

I wish they would put up gates to close the road of during games instead of using those ugly cones.

Greensboro_08004.jpg

^that scene actually has some potential. the most rich experience in baseball... imho... is fenway park in boston. they have an alley that is closed to motor traffic during games and it has a carnival atmosphere before games. it might be yawkey way; a real redsox fan will know. i watched a double header at fenway and became an instant fan. the closed street above could over time develop some 'there there' and sense of place with some fan traditions.

im pissed that city council missed a great opportunity. A company wanted to build an office tower behind left field but council was too slow to act on it. But I think there will be a nice development on the old Chevrolet property behind left field as soon as the economy picks up. But they really need to improve the streetscape around that ballpark. Its a beautiful ballpark but the landscape around it is horrible. Get rid of the overhead wires, add decorative lamp post and pave the gravel lot across the street.

• 1 month later...

One magazine ranks NewBridge Bank park the 8th best minor league ballpark in the nation.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/03...lpark_in_top_10

1. AutoZone Park, Memphis, Tenn.

2. The Dell Diamond, Round Rock, Texas

3. FirstEnergy Stadium, Reading, Pa.

4. Fifth Third Field, Toledo, Ohio

5. Dr Pepper Ballpark, Frisco, Texas

6. Whataburger Field, Corpus Christi, Texas

7. Fifth Third Field, Dayton, Ohio

8. NewBridge Bank Park, Greensboro

9. Louisville Slugger Field, Louisville, Ky.

10. Bright House Field, Clearwater, Fla.

Archived