Renatus on the Hill

jbr12

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GVSU bought the parking lot and for the time being will maintain it as parking. This is the first that I have heard about the condo's being a no go.

The sign is not quite right. There are Condos for sale... not the whole building. Project is still on.

Renatus building for sale sign up. Looks like the condo project is a no go. Anyone heard anything?

Sorry for the confusion...the sign was a poor attempt to provide a telephone number for those looking to inquire into the units. The big sign will be up very soon. The condos are definitely still on and the ownership has been working very hard to improve each and every one of them. I can say that no two units will be alike and that we are very excited about the character of the floorplans and the direction that is being pursued on the building....I'll check in from time to time with updates.

Sorry for the confusion...the sign was a poor attempt to provide a telephone number for those looking to inquire into the units. The big sign will be up very soon. The condos are definitely still on and the ownership has been working very hard to improve each and every one of them. I can say that no two units will be alike and that we are very excited about the character of the floorplans and the direction that is being pursued on the building....I'll check in from time to time with updates.

do you have web site that contains more information regarding sizes, price, etc?

• 1 month later...

do you have web site that contains more information regarding sizes, price, etc?

I apologize for not seeing your post until now. Just wanted to let you (and everyone else) know that a permanent site should be up within two weeks. All the unit layouts, sizes and prices will be available at that time. In the meantime, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll answer any questions you have.

• 1 year later...

I was lucky enough to see the model at Renatus on the Hill last night. It's absolutely beautiful and has great attention to detail. I wanted to just move in! Kevin Moore and the project are featured in the latest installment of RGTV. Check it out and by all means, if you have the chance to check it out in person - GO!

*fish

The film on RG looked like it only showed one of the smaller units in the back or something...are they finished with the condos in the nave or spaces in the church interior yet? Those are the ones that I would love to see...still the one in the video looked wonderful!

The film on RG looked like it only showed one of the smaller units in the back or something...are they finished with the condos in the nave or spaces in the church interior yet? Those are the ones that I would love to see...still the one in the video looked wonderful!

I believe that unit they showed is a "model" unit. I don't know how many of the others have been finished, but I'm hoping to go check out the project next week some time.

Given the potential for unique and truly "one-of-a-kind" spaces, they are waiting for actual buyers on those spaces. They want the buyers to be able to customize the spaces to their hearts content... I can't wait to see what someone does with that bell tower. Kevin said that a deck on top is a certain addition, sure hope I get a peek before closing ;-)

• 1 month later...

Developers hoping to build condominiums in a former church on Heritage Hill got relief Thursday when the Board of Zoning Appeals allowed them to put 22 units in their project instead of 16 units.

Being able to carve out six more units in the former Bethlehem Lutheran Church will allow them to lower their prices in a tight real estate market, said Kevin Moore, representing building owner Mark Pentecost.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michiga...s_ahead_wi.html

Developers hoping to build condominiums in a former church on Heritage Hill got relief Thursday when the Board of Zoning Appeals allowed them to put 22 units in their project instead of 16 units.

Being able to carve out six more units in the former Bethlehem Lutheran Church will allow them to lower their prices in a tight real estate market, said Kevin Moore, representing building owner Mark Pentecost.

I would think this means they are going to carve up the $1.7 million, 4 story, grand "penthouse" unit that was going to have an elevator and a spiral staircase going up the bell tower with a deck on top. The drawings for that were pretty awesome looking when I stopped by to see the model, but I wondered who was going to buy it in a market like Grand Rapids.

The model itself was really pretty cool as well. I hope at a cheaper price point they can attract some buyers. If memory serves, they have around 38 parking spaces for this building. So even with 22 units, there are still only a few units that don't have two off street spaces.

• 1 year later...

I think I remember during the lunch-n-learn, years ago, the developer said he could seek brownfield credits but was opting not to as a benefit to the community and the taxpayers of the area. Considering the housing market changes and economic changes since then, I can completely understand why he would change his position on that issue.

• 4 months later...

22-unit apartments approved by BZA, off-street parking design pending (subject to approval by HP).

I heard from a friend last night that this would be before the BZA tonight. He said something about it being "controversial" so I wondered if they would get the go-ahead. I'm glad they did. That is a pretty dense neighborhood and it's not good to have empty buildings like that. Plus, there seems to be a lot of demand for apt. housing near downtown right now.

Bumped for historical reasons.

Archived