Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmellyCat

Bob Johnson article in NY Times

10 posts in this topic

That was a good read and an article that I think accurately portrays the situation. Lets hope the part that quotes Michael Jordon is correct and that Bob is going to start spending some money to put some good people on this team.

an interesting part of the article was where the author suggests charlotte doesnt support the bobcats because johnson is black.

an interesting part of the article was where the author suggests charlotte doesnt support the bobcats because johnson is black. however, it does call charlotte a "boomtown"

I do concur with you on your points above metro. I also do not see this as a black/white thing as much as I see it as pure Failure on the bahalf of Johnson.

This guy could really care less about the city and the team. It really is sad considering how this city and state all love Basketball. I think that the best outcome for the "Bob"cats (I hate that name as it is so arrogant on Johnson's part, and shows his true nature), is that he sell the team to a local group that will have some pride in something many are very passionate about in this region.

A2

Black?! Perhaps it's because he's a BILLONAIRE that had a stadium given to him with none of his own money spent, and the fact that he barely shows up for any games.

Put it this way, what has HE invested in Charlotte, in both time and money?! Sounds to me that he just expected Charlotte to be a money train for him. I wish we would have had a local owners group, one fully-invested in the city, not a part-time owner such as Johnson appears to be.

Color has NOTHING to do with it.

Black?! Perhaps it's because he's a BILLONAIRE that had a stadium given to him with none of his own money spent, and the fact that he barely shows up for any games.

Put it this way, what has HE invested in Charlotte, in both time and money?! Sounds to me that he just expected Charlotte to be a money train for him. I wish we would have had a local owners group, one fully-invested in the city, not a part-time owner such as Johnson appears to be.

Color has NOTHING to do with it.

an interesting part of the article was where the author suggests charlotte doesnt support the bobcats because johnson is black. however, it does call charlotte a "boomtown"

It's funny how race never seemed to be an issue when the Charlotte Hornets were leading the NBA in attendance and selling out every game. From what I recall, most of the Hornets players were black. To bring up race as a factor is simply irresponsible journalism, but not surprising considering it is the NYT.