Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jrb986

The Real World : Atlanta

17 posts in this topic

Okay what's the deal..The Real World show on MTV should have been in Atlanta years ago. I was especially annoyed when Austin got it before us. Has anyone heard any rumors?

Yeah, Denver is on now. Atlanta will be on next season (after Denver).

I've heard Sydney, Australia will be the location of the next "Real World".

With Atlanta being an epicenter of hip-hop culture and the "Real World" being an MTV show, I'm sure they'll end up here eventually.

My bet is Atlanta will fall somewhere in the group of the next five cities selected.

Houston and Atlanta are both hot hip-hop cities, so I am sure they will both be on the Real World in within the next five seasons. I actually can't believe the show (even station) is still running. I used to watch MTV, but switched to ESPN once I got older (and played more sports).

MTV is horrible. I tried to watch it before Christmas, and it was horrible. Anyway, maybe a few years ago it was cool of the Real World picked your city, but they've been running this show since I was in middle school and they've not picked Atlanta.

I must admit that "The Real World" is my TV guilty pleasure!

I'm much too old to be watching it and it annoys me more and more each season, yet....I continue to watch. I need help!

Actually MTV is not too far away from the A-T-L. They have a series "Two-a-Day" totally dedicated to Hoover Buc Football, in Birmingham. The show has been a success for them and it has led to yet another season. Seems like ATL might have to give it up to the Ham for capturing some serious market share! j/k Guys!

:P

A2

The Real World Atlanta would be interesting indeed. Ofcourse, since the show's co creator passed away, it has gone downhill. I've been watching the Real World since the first season when I was in the first grade (Yes, my parents let me watch it). Back then the show actually tried to focus on seven different people who had something other than the show going for them. Ofcourse, it was the 90's, a time when music was still music and people weren't on pins and needles. This show should have been in Atlanta years ago.

The Real World Atlanta would be interesting indeed. Ofcourse, since the show's co creator passed away, it has gone downhill. I've been watching the Real World since the first season when I was in the first grade (Yes, my parents let me watch it). Back then the show actually tried to focus on seven different people who had something other than the show going for them. Ofcourse, it was the 90's, a time when music was still music and people weren't on pins and needles. This show should have been in Atlanta years ago.

Ok, getting back on topic...Atlanta should have been chosen years ago. One good idea would have been during the Olympics, when the city really shined. However, that's not to say it still isn't shining. :)

It really should have been chosed a long time ago. Having said that, I'd like to see a Survivor Atlanta, where participants are dropped off somwhere in metro Atlanta, with change, and a mission to get to another point in the city without using a car. That would be a show I would watch!!!

I heard it was going to be the year that Austin got it... I suppose that they were just starting to make plans with it then. Im thinking its either going to be next or the next after that because I know they have been talking about doing a Real World Atlanta for over two years now.

If Atlanta doesn't score The Real World after Sydney it maybe a lost cause. MTV is considering retiring the series with the 20th edition.