Lunch and Learn: The Fitzgerald, Downtown Grand Rapids, MI

Second Story Properties

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said they were almost at 50% of units sold, and over 50% in terms of dollars, which is the magic number. As dwntwngeo said, work starts next month!

Many thanks to SSP for the tour and lunch! It was excellent!

A couple of things I heard -

1. Yes, it is 45 units

2. The square windows will get taller, giving people a better better view. They will remove several rows of brick on the outside and move the limestone to match. The look of the window (4 over 1 pane) will remain the same.

3. The inside is a total demolition. Because of the concrete / steel construction all of the internal walls can come down leaving only the large concrete posts.

4. One new elevator will go in. The 2nd elevator will remain in the same place but will get a new elevator.

5. The rooftop garden will have a hot tub, grills, a fountain plus "tillable" soil for people who still want to garden.

6. Two entrances to the enclosed parking structure (one between the building and the Ellis lot, the other on Library). One spot comes with each unit but you can purchase up to three (presumably for your super-fab summer-only convertible :) )

7. They will start occupancy from top to bottom which will be a little tricky, but is the order in which the build out will occur.

A couple of questions I had after thinking about the visit:

1. Does anyone know what the model was priced at?

2. Sam mentioned that SSP had adopted Veteran's Park and that they were working on a couple of upgrades to the park. Can anyone elaborate?

Joe

2. Sam mentioned that SSP had adopted Veteran's Park and that they were working on a couple of upgrades to the park. Can anyone elaborate?

Joe

1. Yes, it is 45 units

2. The square windows will get taller, giving people a better better view. They will remove several rows of brick on the outside and move the limestone to match. The look of the window (4 over 1 pane) will remain the same.

3. The inside is a total demolition. Because of the concrete / steel construction all of the internal walls can come down leaving only the large concrete posts.

4. One new elevator will go in. The 2nd elevator will remain in the same place but will get a new elevator.

5. The rooftop garden will have a hot tub, grills, a fountain plus "tillable" soil for people who still want to garden.

6. Two entrances to the enclosed parking structure (one between the building and the Ellis lot, the other on Library). One spot comes with each unit but you can purchase up to three (presumably for your super-fab summer-only convertible :) )

7. They will start occupancy from top to bottom which will be a little tricky, but is the order in which the build out will occur.

Joe

Thanks to the whole Second Story gang for the tour. I found myself making videos instead of pictures, so I decided to follow through on an idea that I've been kicking around for a while now. A VIDEO BLOG of grand rapids developments...

the first installment is about the Fitzgerald and you can watch it over here.

Hope this is helpful for everyone that couldn't make it out to the tour. More to come, I think...

Thanks to the whole Second Story gang for the tour. I found myself making videos instead of pictures, so I decided to follow through on an idea that I've been kicking around for a while now. A VIDEO BLOG of grand rapids developments...

Hope this is helpful for everyone that couldn't make it out to the tour. More to come, I think...

Great job. I really liked the video!

Archived