Michigan & Benson Development

GRDadof3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As beautiful as some as those homes are on that strip of road, they are extremely unkempt and is about time that nice new buildings are coming up. The existing building at michigan & benson is absolutely hideous, thank you 1960's style.

Does anybody remember i think where midtown village is now, the houses that use to be there. I remember in the process of tearing these houses down, for about 3 days, there was a car about 5 feet up and directly perpendicular, half way lodged into the house, it was such a picture i wish i had gotten it.

.....__

.../.....\

./.........\

{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}...........{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}__

{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} house {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}car\

{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}______{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on the yellow house that caught fire a few weeks ago? Rebuild or Raze?

I noticed one of the 3 remaining houses west of the new Urban Mill is for sale...the middle of the three.

Just wondering when and how these homes may sell out to business.

One person said they are asking a ton of money.

Any news...?

For those in the know: What would be the estimated opening day of the coffee shop? I might be better off getting a part time job there to pay for my growing caffinee addicition.

BTW....nice photos GRDadof3, what's going on with the wood in the back of the building?

I'll reply to myself:

Yeah Joe, I drove past too but I noticed that the design was done by Lott3. Ted, do you have a good rendering you could post? My cellphone doesn't have a flash and took an awful picture of the sign.

Joe

The old Wing On building has a rendering on the side of the building of what it will look like once Second Story renovates it. I noticed it to late and drove by before I could get a good look. Anyone have a photo?

Joe

Reconned yesterday. No repairs to the fire-damaged yellow building.

Urban Mill has window glass, landscaping, brickwork...looks ready to furnish.

Moxie's Michigan frontage is peeling and in need of an ice cream-powered face-lift.

Wing On has two renderings posted (sorry, still in the camera).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

After leaving my polling place, I went up Michigan Mile.

Urban Mill has lovely jazz (just like at their old location) audible from the street.

The former Wing On has no signage left, and now there's a different developer sign on the facade.

The yellow residential property at Union has finally been spruced up a biit. But it appears that Moxie's has closed. (No signage, windows shut, no tables out back, no mega parasol.) Due to the street grade, I did not turn around to go check it out.

Archived