Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nwgeorgia

Waiting for the Toyota Announcement...

8 posts in this topic

I generally avoid rumors and gossip. I like straight facts. That said, I keep hearing word from high places that an annoucement is forthcoming---possibly as early as Wednesday Feb 21.

If they announce on the 21st that would be fine with me. I figure they have a pretty good idea by now on which site they are leaning towards by now and can make a decision (or have). Maybe not.

Doubt this has anything to do with it, but President Bush is in Chattanooga today (the 21st) with Senator Corker and Congressman Wamp. Would be a great time for Corker and Wamp to announce the Toyota plant.

Doubt that is the reason since Marion is also a part of the US. If anything the governor should be there. Ya Think!

Obviously, we are all going to have to wait a while longer for the announcement. It seems to me that Toyota is playing each site / state against the other trying to get the best possible concessions they can. It seems they've been able to get a sweetened pot from Tennessee. Have they gotten any additional concessions from Arkansas? Hopefully, we're getting near the end of this game. I'd be willing to bet that Toyota has already made their choice, but believes the longer they wait, the better deal they get.

i think the state should boycott toyota for a few years. i find it to be fairly unprofessional to tease these cities in the manor that they did. don't play with a city or region about the hope of thousands of jobs. this isn't american idol. i didn't care for toyota products that much before and i sure don't now.

i think the state should boycott toyota for a few years. i find it to be fairly unprofessional to tease these cities in the manor that they did. don't play with a city or region about the hope of thousands of jobs. this isn't american idol. i didn't care for toyota products that much before and i sure don't now.

^^^Theres no reason to boycott........and the acheivement would be a negative one. Marion was the tease...if want to call it that, but this is a business and if they felt that Tupelo was better than so be it. Dont start crying...