Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatguy

Ginter Place_Richmond Memorial Hosp.

34 posts in this topic

Any word on what the status of this property? Is it happening? Has it been sold?

The Building Permits listings in last Sunday's TD says that interior demolition is underway -- Ginter Park Associates -- 1300 Westwood Avenue -- $450,000.

Sounds limited in scope. I wonder if they are going in stages, or if a large portion had been done in the past. I know they had done some and started to form interior walls about 1 year + ago. Perhaps that $450,000 is the remaining difference.

Thanks for the info.

Did anyone notice that the Ginter Place was sold to someone recently? Or, the properties (apartment buildings) that the former developer renovated in 2003 and owns are up for sale? what has happend to his projects?

I don't remember hearing that the property was sold, but perhaps it was?

Henry, any idea on what we can expect?

Also, I think rezoning is pending currently for this redevelopment project. A zoning request was submitted in late January

Isn't Ginter Place the old Richmond Memorial Hospital with that huge estate, Laburnum, on the property?

What are plans for it? I thought I had heard long ago that it was to be a residential condo-type place.

Laburnum is a beautiful manor house.

Isn't Ginter Place the old Richmond Memorial Hospital with that huge estate, Laburnum, on the property?

What are plans for it? I thought I had heard long ago that it was to be a residential condo-type place.

Laburnum is a beautiful manor house.

The previous developer was having problems, so the project was sold. Demolition is suppose to re-start shortly.

Any additional information regarding this project?

There is a website now.

www.ginterplace.com (Please help me with the link. I tried but ain't to savy on the computer).

There is a website now.

www.ginterplace.com (Please help me with the link. I tried but ain't to savy on the computer).

TA DA!!! http worked. :)

It's a neat site; thanks Henry.

I may be mistaken, but when I passed the project on my recent visit I thought I noted that the Laburnum Mansion looked cluttered with either an addition or out-buildings, or something. It was a quick drive-by, so my eyes may have been deceived.

I like the floor plans at Ginter Place. You have to do a lot of clicking to bring them up but the effort is worth it.

It appears to be one of the few recent residential high-to mid-rises that has large master bedrooms. And the kitchen has a gas stove.

Has anybody been able to find prices on the web page?

Thanks for the link Henry... I assume work is beginning again on this project?

I drove by this project today. A lot of demolition has taken place here. The hospital used to be connected to the Laburnum House and is now detached. Holes have been punched through the exterior walls for the balconies. There is a Long and Foster sign there as well.

Burt, perhaps you need a Richmond residence for your frequent trips to town.

I drove by this project today. A lot of demolition has taken place here. The hospital used to be connected to the Laburnum House and is now detached. Holes have been punched through the exterior walls for the balconies. There is a Long and Foster sign there as well.

I've got an update on this development as I am well connected with someone involved in this project.

According to the information I have, the project will be complete by this September and will include 69 luxury condos that will provide homeowners "ample amenities and commanding views of the Richmond skyline". The Hospital was purchased out of bankruptcy in February 2002 and took 5 years for financing to be secured. Construction finally began almost one year ago. Judging by the description I was given, this project is really going to be nice and will include:

"...secure in‐building parking and storage for all units, as well as full elevator access throughout the entire building. All units have brand‐new systems and windows, and are pre‐wired for the latest in high‐speed Internet and cable services. Residents will enjoy an ample exercise room and various community meeting rooms and associated amenities. The entire building is secure with a building access control system. Units feature exceptional flooring materials, beautiful trim details, gourmet kitchens, splendid bathrooms, and a luxurious quality that is second‐to‐none."

If you are interested in looking at and securing a condo, contact Joel Groover with Long & Foster at (804) 399‐1033 or [email protected]

www.ginterplace.com

Thanks for the update Eric. This should be a great addition to the neighborhood when finished.

Ginter Place website has been updated: www.ginterplace.com