Ginter Place_Richmond Memorial Hosp.

thatguy

• 7 months later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week some friends toured Ginter Place off of Westwood Avenue between Hermitage and Brook Roads in North Richmond. It is the former Memorial Hospital which has been beautifully converted to residential and is adjacent to the Laburnum Mansion There are about 63 condos, but in these economically stressed times not many have been sold. There are two parking spaces provided for each tenant -- one inside and one outside. Each unit has a gas fire place and I think all have at least two bedrooms. Also, each condo has a balcony or, on the first level, a terrace.

A guest apartment is available for short-term visitors at no charge, save clean-up fees.

My friends were very impressed and remarked about the fine wall molding and the spacious baths. Units in the 8-story building start at around $288K and go up to about $600K. Condo maintenance fees are averaging less than $300 per month.

• 3 weeks later...
I've got an update on this development as I am well connected with someone involved in this project.

According to the information I have, the project will be complete by this September and will include 69 luxury condos that will provide homeowners "ample amenities and commanding views of the Richmond skyline". The Hospital was purchased out of bankruptcy in February 2002 and took 5 years for financing to be secured. Construction finally began almost one year ago. Judging by the description I was given, this project is really going to be nice and will include:

"...secure in‐building parking and storage for all units, as well as full elevator access throughout the entire building. All units have brand‐new systems and windows, and are pre‐wired for the latest in high‐speed Internet and cable services. Residents will enjoy an ample exercise room and various community meeting rooms and associated amenities. The entire building is secure with a building access control system. Units feature exceptional flooring materials, beautiful trim details, gourmet kitchens, splendid bathrooms, and a luxurious quality that is second‐to‐none."

If you are interested in looking at and securing a condo, contact Joel Groover with Long & Foster at (804) 399‐1033 or [email protected].

www.ginterplace.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived