Best Skylines in America

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer skylines that also include at least one of the following: bodies of water, rivers, bridges or mountains. This why I'm not a fan of the skylines in Atlanta, Houston or Dallas. My list includes those skylines which I have viewed in person. That really only leaves out the big cities of Minneapolis and Seattle.

1. NYC

2. Chicago

3. San Francisco

4. Miami

5. Los Angeles

Honorable Mention: Honolulu

I personally like Tampa Bay when coming down the Hillsborough River or in from the bay after boating/fishing on the day. Although its not nearly as big as the other mentioned cities, it never gets old...

49816226jc7.png

tboi7.png

And of course, Im always a little biased towards Orlando :rolleyes:

orlqd7.jpg

orl2gw5.jpg

* Orlando pics courtesy of Tim3167*

New York City and Chicago are on another level from everybody else; just comes down to personal favorites. The next group would be between Houston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Boston, Minneapolis, Seattle, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and Denver(mountains) are then the next tier. The Three Rivers coming together is also very nice for Pittsburgh.

Sorry that's 14 cities. Nice topic! The U.S. has some impressive skylines. The rest of the world is trying to(has been) catch-up. (Hong Kong, Singapore, Toronto, Sydney, Frankfurt, Dubai, London, etc.)

Well if you wanna rank the Florida skylines in order, here's how I'd do it:

Miami

Tampa

Jax (gets 3rd place b/c of the river and bridges)

Ft. Lauderdale

Orlando

Second tier for me would be:

Sarasota

West Palm

St. Pete

Tally (hey I had to get it in here)

Ft. Myers/P'cola (tie)

Oh ok. Well Kendall probably wouldn't qualify to me because it's part of the Miami metro. And we've already established the feeling that Miami has an impressive skyline for a Florida city, and a city in the South.

When it comes to skyline shapes do you all prefer the symmetrical look, or the random look? I'd say Tallahassee is poised to have a symmetric looking skyline if ever we get enough buildings to fill the gaps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That is they Key Tower. Tallest building in Ohio at 57 stories. The Terminal Tower (the pointy one to the right of it in the 1st picture) was built in the 20s and used to be the tallest before the Key Tower was finished in '91.

One of the ones I like the most is the Federal Court Huse Tower:

federalcourthouseviaduct.jpg

Archived