Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Javalady1

Corporate Orlando

7 posts in this topic

Was doing some research lately and ran across Publix Supermarkets in Lakeland. Was curious as to whether the city has though about throwing a bone to them and having them come up to Orlando? Having a major private corporation like that would be a huge boost to the CBD redevelopment initiative.

Was doing some research lately and ran across Publix Supermarkets in Lakeland. Was curious as to whether the city has though about throwing a bone to them and having them come up to Orlando? Having a major private corporation like that would be a huge boost to the CBD redevelopment initiative.

I researched the Publix thing a while back when we were talking about a potential Fortune 500 company coming to Downtown Orlando. Apparently Publix built a new headquarters in Lakeland recently so I doubt they're considering new digs anytime soon.

Wasn't the original Publix founded in Lakeland?

Regardless, that city is a huge warehousing hub for Tampa and Orlando, so it gives the HQ the ability to monitor things closely.

Well, I work in that building (for Marriott Vacation Club, though). I can ask around. What do you need to know, exactly?