Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Yep, they don't have HB2 to blame anymore for everyone else getting going before they do.

I wouldn't take brian's comments literally, personally I think some things he's saying are true and others are just him spinning his words. You aren't this quiet for this long except to keep something confidential, he's just affirming they aren't dead, I truly think Tryon place has an anchor tenant and they are keeping things hush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Something big is afoot I think and who knows we might get our 30 plus story tower back instead of a shorter 20 story tower. I know of at least 2 anchor tenants out there for sure but could be a black swan someone we wouldn't think of. 

That would be sweet.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Something big is afoot I think and who knows we might get our 30 plus story tower back instead of a shorter 20 story tower. I know of at least 2 anchor tenants out there for sure but could be a black swan someone we wouldn't think of. 

Perhaps the desire for a taller tower has postponed digging? 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, KJHburg said:

Oh Ye of Little faith! I believe this will be started this year with an anchor tenant there are at least 2 in town tenants that are expanding that could be anchors maybe more. As RDF said I believe they lost their first anchor and had to start over. It takes time yet while we were all watching this one a 32 story tower sprouts across the street with a huge anchor. 

NC corporate income tax rate is 3% vs 6% in Michigan. Detroit charges a 1.5% non residents income tax on anyone working there. 

On the flipside, you can buy a house for $5 in Detroit.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

Perhaps the desire for a taller tower has postponed digging? 

I think they are trying to figure this whole project out from an architectural standpoint. Its Crescent, so naturally they want to figure out how to wedge some residential along with the retail, hotel and office. Think of all the uses of Lincoln Harris but on 1/3 the land. Can't be easy to execute.

18 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think they are trying to figure this whole project out from an architectural standpoint. Its Crescent, so naturally they want to figure out how to wedge some residential along with the retail, hotel and office. Think of all the uses of Lincoln Harris but on 1/3 the land. Can't be easy to execute.

Yeah my first thought was: start building and add floors. That doesn't work if there are architectural and design changes. Would also reset the negotiation table re: naming rights and other contracts. 

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Tryon Place has made a surprise reappearance on a couple of the Commercial MLS sites as a 745k sq foot building. First time its been there in over a year.

745k is surprisingly robust for 21 stories. Unless ...

Just now, Dale said:

745k is surprisingly robust for 21 stories. Unless ...

I think the 745 is a placeholder, that was the size it was at when it was last listed. Its listed as 30 floors on Site Index. I've seen it listed as high as 850k in the past on the CDOT website and on USGB website.

Unless you are building 30 stories. As RDF said a long time ago they have had some major possible anchors come and go. One was Duke which has now decided to build their own tower on S Tryon and Wells which opted for Ballantyne. I do believe there are still 2 major anchors for this tower out there and I stand by this tower will be started with an anchor tenant this year! And these tenants are local. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
I am really starting to wonder WTH happens with Tryon Place.  I wonder why Crescent wouldn't start on Tryon Place, perhaps building the hotel, retail, and parking structures first, then going vertical with the office tower when demand so warrants.  

I've talked to so many people in the industry and it's a gossipy industry at that. One theme that's pretty common is Tryon Place is shovel ready with a tenant, and nobody knows why it hasn't budged.

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I've talked to so many people in the industry and it's a gossipy industry at that. One theme that's pretty common is Tryon Place is shovel ready with a tenant, and nobody knows why it hasn't budged.

That's great news!

Maybe the tenant's commitment isn't enough to secure financing.  For example, if someone committed to 150k sf, many lenders might be wary to finance a tower with 600k sf still available.  Isn't there a good amount of available new space available in Charlotte?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

That's great news!
Maybe the tenant's commitment isn't enough to secure financing.  For example, if someone committed to 150k sf, many lenders might be wary to finance a tower with 600k sf still available.  Isn't there a good amount of available new space available in Charlotte?

TENANT not tenant...

I think this was reported here but I had heard this through sources ASANA has bought the 600 S College building thus making 2 owners of this block ASANA and Crescent Resources. So the plan with a hotel at the corner of College and Stonewall is likely gone. This could explain the delay in this tower. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article161931608.html

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think this was reported here but I had heard this through sources ASANA has bought the 600 S College building thus making 2 owners of this block ASANA and Crescent Resources. So the plan with a hotel at the corner of College and Stonewall is likely gone. This could explain the delay in this tower. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article161931608.html

Not the case. those boutique office workers are going to have to park somewhere (TP Deck) and that building is solidly built and could support a hotel tower... #JustSayin

That said, there is a sizable redesign going on.

Edited by Guest