Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

7 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Mixture of a lot of things, but no, Crescent CEO did not say "take that down"

was never explicitly asked to take it down. Just saw a lot of panic form colleagues and friends.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, QClifer said:

Ill be releasing the sketches tomorrow at lunchtime. Come back and check

Sweet. I guess we'll see tomorrow

22 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

thats not going to happen, if anything Lincoln Harris will swoop in and put them in their second building. Charlotte is about 20 blocks of underdeveloped lots, and two under developed neighborhoods from getting a 1,000 footer.

I was kidding :)

4 minutes ago, CarolinaCrown said:

its now up to Cresent/JLL/duke/accela/whomever to find their mole.

But thats the thing, there may not be a mole. Its completely possible that some intern was talking too loud while in line at Potbelly

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kermit said:

But thats the thing, there may not be a mole. Its completely possible that some intern was talking too loud while in line at Potbelly

or someone was printing a rendering out at Kinkos on East Blvd with a big logo on top. 

Edited by Guest

48 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

or someone was printing a rendering out at Kinkos on East Blvd with a big logo on top. 

I now have a mental image of you being buddies with every Kinkos guy in town, just like the blueprints scene from Oceans 11. 

• Like 1

I support the decision to have the original post with the information removed. Not only can these leaks kill a deal, but the leaks can also kill jobs. If you work for a company called say, Bank One, and your friend at Bank One tells you about some info, it is usually in confidence that you will not go around telling others. If Bank One finds out that this specific employee leaked out information about their deal that person would, of course, get the ax and be out of a job. This is much bigger than us guys.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ahhhh the good ole Kinkos days.....LOL! I think the local developers got scared off from using them haha

Edited by norm21499
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, norm21499 said:

I support Ricky Davis in his request to have the original post with the information removed. Not only can these leaks kill a deal, but the leaks can also kill jobs. If you work for a company called say, Bank One, and your friend at Bank One tells you about some info, it is usually in confidence that you will not go around telling others. If Bank One finds out that this specific employee leaked out information about their deal that person would, of course, get the ax and be out of a job. This is much bigger than us guys.

Huh?

13 minutes ago, jednc said:

Huh?

Someone here leaked info on Duke Energy Center (then Wachovia Center); it wound up in the Observer and there were repercussions. 

So I understand the sensitivity of some, particularly older posters, to leaks. But still. If this is being annound tomorrow, I see no problem. Probably got the green light to divulge 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This board is way more of a juggernaut that you realize. Theres no other place I can think of that is actively read by dozens of people in leadership positions at Banks, Development companies, and Commercial Real Estate firms. 15 years of killer content has lead them here. While Urban planet is not a credited source in the Media, though it has been, its often times the stepping stone for people looking into things, and putting together stories. 

So influential people read this board and yet many of them still build crap projects.

• Like 3

Aug 7, 10:10am. Good News Report: Charlotte lands financial firm headquarters and 550' tower..

Aug 8, 4:00pm. Bad News Report: Charlotte loses financial firm headquarters and 550' tower. 

Aug 9, 11am. Good News Report:  Charlotte lands retail and commercial tenants at 601 S Tryon, adding Firestone Auto Center and Chick fil a

• Like 4

What a better way to make an economic development announcement when tons of media are in town for the PGA Championship. As for Chamber office announcements they are both in market and out of market clients so nothing can be read into that other than it is probably BIG!   YUGE! 

• Like 2