Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Your before shot...

DJI_0306.JPG

So I was slightly confused before, if someone can clarify for me.  The Diehl building was originally under contract to be bought buy Crescent, however since then the building is now owned by another company and no longer in play for the Tryon Place development??  Also, someone might have mentioned air rights...so at some point (or apart of the current plan?) Crescent can build on top of the Diehl building?

I guess I'm just confused as to why you would purchase the air rights, but not the decrepit 2 story building on the property itself.

4 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

I've seen the updated rendering. Using the photo above, lather, rinse, repeat till you reach the top.

The gist is this: we will have a decent new 1970s glass box across the street from a new poorly-executed 1980s post-modern tragedy.

My wife and I dined tonight at Village Tavern in SouthPark. As I drove past Capitol Towers ... I sighed.

• Like 3

Man, some of ya'll are real debbie downers.tdy_tren_downer_131001.jpg

Personally I'm pretty excited for this and frankly any news of movement is great in my mind. And besides, how often do we get what was shown to us in the first renderings we see? It's been said many times before, but not every building could and should be a signature tower - besides we have several already. 

Also, I like where SydneyCarton was going above with the obscured rendering photo. The tower (what we can see of it anyways) seems to fit the descriptions of those that have seen it. Also, ah59369 liked SydneyCarton's post and he said he's seen the rendering. 

My spidey-senses are tingling.

• Like 2

Is this an old rendering or a placeholder:
tryon-place-gallery-1.jpg
I'm certain this will be better than the disaster across the street, even if it's not as good as first renderings.

That's not the rendering I've seen. I think something like that would be very very cool. That said, this isn't it. Not sure where that came from lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Hideous parking garage is no more, or better hidden. 

Here is another (considering they are the most recent)

tryon-place-gallery-5.jpg

Can someone give me breadcrumbs to this, so I can look into it?

Guys, Guys, Temper it, temper it. Jayvee and I are going to get to the bottom of this. The renderings we are talking about have Crescent Stonewall Station, Museum Tower, and Portman Plaza all included in the renderings which these don't have. This might have been an earlier rendition, a fabulous one at that, got d@mn