Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

The link to that rendering is broke. They must have taken it down after seeing it talked about.

Also, I did some digging on the domain's age to see when they updated the url of one of the images on there (the first one that's posted below). And it was only edited twice, once in july and then again on august 3rd so the first rendering's picture is recently updated.

tryon1_new.thumb.jpg.213d513fc98ce667a7d7e4fd863e2450.jpg

B8-1600x900.thumb.jpg.8c5ee37fbd70dc9ef9564a494815099d.jpg

https://www.crescentcommunities.com/businesses/commercial-mixed-use/tryon-place

Edited by Nick2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick2 said:

The link to that rendering is broke. They must have taken it down after seeing it talked about.

Also, I did some digging on the domain's age to see when they updated the url of one of the images on there (the first one that's posted below). And it was only edited twice, once in july and then again on august 3rd so the first rendering's picture is recently updated.

tryon1_new.thumb.jpg.213d513fc98ce667a7d7e4fd863e2450.jpg

B8-1600x900.thumb.jpg.8c5ee37fbd70dc9ef9564a494815099d.jpg

https://www.crescentcommunities.com/businesses/commercial-mixed-use/tryon-place

Really nice.  

If that is the new design, I've got to say I like it. IMO, the rendering looks nicer than the Lincoln Harris deal. 

You can catch a glimpse of the grey cladding, the window color and the articulating grid in the photo. Just imagine that going up 400 or so feet and you got Tryon Place .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

THat sounds great.

Hopefully, the Duke Tower will be nice too. 

Supposed to look like a mixture of PPG Place and Duke Energy Center. Whatever the hell that looks like.

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

You can catch a glimpse of the grey cladding, the window color and the articulating grid in the photo. Just imagine that going up 400 or so feet and you got Tryon Place .

From what little I can tell, based upon the picture and the descriptions (I.e. 70s modern, articulating grids) I get the sense that that this will look like a taller version of Richmond, VA City Hall.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:City_Hall_Richmond_Virginia_USA.jpg

Edited by cltbwimob

10 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

From what little I can tell, based upon the picture and the descriptions (I.e. 70s modern, articulating grids) I get the sense that that this will look like a taller version of Richmond, VA City Hall.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:City_Hall_Richmond_Virginia_USA.jpg

The grids are Two floors instead of one, the grid is less clunky, and about 1/3 is pure glass curtain.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

I will be glad when Crescent starts this building.  I an not going to fuss on how it looks.

I will hold judgement for the project until I see what the rest of it entails, specifically the hotel and ground floor retail.  

If on the one hand it has great street-level retail including a mixture of soft goods retail and restaurant/bar space that integrates well with Asana's building and Legacy, and if the hotel portion consists of a good hotel brand such as W, Hyatt Regency, Loews, or JW Marriot I will be very happy.  

If on the other hand the retail is overwhelmingly restaurant space and the hotel is some Interstate Exit brand name a la Home 2 Suites or something of the like, I will be sorely disappointed.

This one shows the grid patter RDF was talking about...
TryonPlace-B7-1600x900.thumb.jpg.6fffc3e3da8ea9ed68f09fdb54c7abeb.jpg

I kinda like it, but we will see.

Except ignore the left part, full service hotel will be there, though the retail stays intact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So will it be underground parking? 

Nope. The bedrock poses significant challenges. If they had dug the deck I can promise people would really be complaining about value engineering lol. Can't imagine how they dug 277 frankly.

23 minutes ago, Scribe said:

@ricky_davis_fan_21 how deep is the bedrock there?
The Northwood Ravin Project (on Stonewall) they dug at least 30 ft when doing the storm water retention system.

I'm not sure, but its fairly shallow. I know Stonewall Station, Northwood Ravin, and Legacy Union all have at least 1-2 floors of parking buried, hopefully TP does too, I'll see if I can find out.

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'll see if I can find out.

Please do, I am trying to get a sense of what can be accomplished inside 277 long term (including any ligh-rail tunnels). But finding any info on what is below the first 10 or so feet has been difficult.

12 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

I will hold judgement for the project until I see what the rest of it entails, specifically the hotel and ground floor retail.  

If on the one hand it has great street-level retail including a mixture of soft goods retail and restaurant/bar space that integrates well with Asana's building and Legacy, and if the hotel portion consists of a good hotel brand such as W, Hyatt Regency, Loews, or JW Marriot I will be very happy.  

If on the other hand the retail is overwhelmingly restaurant space and the hotel is some Interstate Exit brand name a la Home 2 Suites or something of the like, I will be sorely disappointed.

This exactly. Another Charlotte Agenda article about some "cool" new cocktail bar (as though its needed or even matters) at this place might send me over the edge.

Edit: Somehow it double posted...

Edited by jednc