Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

10 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nope. The bedrock poses significant challenges. If they had dug the deck I can promise people would really be complaining about value engineering lol. Can't imagine how they dug 277 frankly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They blasted. Much blasting. Despite blast mats and other efforts it rained boulders on the CO building. This was before Netscape or Mosaic so no link available. It happened. (Netscape followed Mosaic as internet browsers in the 90's)

• Like 4

No breaking news just a photo of 2. Asana's College St building home of Diehl law firm and 1. the adjacent building that was home of Faison/Charlotte Visitors Bureau in the past. I am guessing they did not tear this down before (it is attached or right up to the Diehl building) because they were going to knock down both now this building would have to be more surgically removed. 

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

No breaking news just a photo of 2. Asana's College St building home of Diehl law firm and 1. the adjacent building that was home of Faison/Charlotte Visitors Bureau in the past. I am guessing they did not tear this down before (it is attached or right up to the Diehl building) because they were going to knock down both now this building would have to be more surgically removed. 

IMG_0335.JPG

Is that a reflection of you in the window?!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 5:12 PM, Scribe said:

Is that a reflection of you in the window?!

There are three names etched in the sidewalk on College Street in front of the Diehl building shown. I do hope that these historic signatures aren't destroyed. I am one of the three and we did it in 2001. It could be an attraction on the Charlotte walking tours some day. 

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It certainly is, but it shows the caliber of people they are pitching to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I google "most desirable retailers" I get lots of lists about Walmart, McDonald's...... In which direction should I change my train of thought because I highly doubt you're giddy about Jordache jeans and a McRib.

2 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

"most desirable retailers" I get lots of lists about Walmart, McDonald's......

Its always all about search terms. If you had googled "most profitable retailers" or "highest rent per square foot" you would have gotten very different results.

Here is the list of the best sales per square foot retailers and yes Apple tops the list. That is why mall operators and landlords everywhere want one in their centers as the sales per square foot is off the charts. https://www.forbes.com/sites/barbarathau/2014/05/20/apple-and-the-other-most-successful-retail-stores-by-sales-per-square-foot/#4eafca082339  Murphy USA? that is mainly a gas station convenience store associated with Walmart LOL! However uptown could use another gas station as there is only 1 within the loop uptown! (I am joking I know that would not happen here) 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Here is the list of the best sales per square foot retailers and yes Apple tops the list. That is why mall operators and landlords everywhere want one in their centers as the sales per square foot is off the charts. https://www.forbes.com/sites/barbarathau/2014/05/20/apple-and-the-other-most-successful-retail-stores-by-sales-per-square-foot/#4eafca082339  Murphy USA? that is mainly a gas station convenience store associated with Walmart LOL! However uptown could use another gas station as there is only 1 within the loop uptown! (I am joking I know that would not happen here) 

Oh God. It would almost be worth them announcing the retail part of this development was a Murphy Express just to watch the meltdowns.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Has anyone been by to check progress of utility work/site prep?  This has got to be one of the slowest projects I can recall in Charlotte...not to mention the Area 51 level secrecy that seems to hover over what has been described as a rather bland, sub 30 story office tower with a slightly above average (for Uptown)  amount of retail space at its base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, queensguy06 said:

Has anyone been by to check progress of utility work/site prep?  This has got to be one of the slowest projects I can recall in Charlotte...not to mention the Area 51 level secrecy that seems to hover over what has been described as a rather bland, sub 30 story office tower with a slightly above average (for Uptown)  amount of retail space at its base.

Maybe if enough of us buy the new iPhone X, Apple can bring a store in uptown with their bazillion dollar profits. 

Edited by mpretori