Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

9 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I think Legacy, Duke & Ally will look great together at Stonewall & Tryon. They contrast great together. I think the better (In my mind) older rendering would've blended in with DEC.

dukenergycenter.jpg

Its pretty amazing to think that 277 will have a canyon of its own on the uptown side. amazing.

8 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I forgot about Duke and I think that is going to happen and it depends if Wells can push enough of Duke out their own DEC building they (Wells) may not have build.  But Wells is growing here but I have heard they may do additional towers at Ballantyne. 

Yes.  Wells is pushing over a thousand people to Ballantyne, while Ally is going to CONSOLIDATE their workforce FROM Ballantyne to uptown.  Scratching my head at that one.

To consolidate every one of the 23,000 plus employees of Wells in one building would require a 7 MILLION sq ft building that would need to be 200 stories at 35K sq ft floorplates! Not likely at all  but fun to think about it. Maybe RDF can come up with a rendering of it LOL

Yes south Tryon new tower canyon will be very impressive from 277. Those buildings will look even taller from the freeway.   And remember the Unannounced not going to happen new Duke tower too according to the company. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Duke is absolutely going to happen. And I wouldn't put it passed them to stay in DEC, because who would leave that beautiful corp. center, and occupy a new tower as well. Theres enough people scattered all throughout the state that could be moved back to Charlotte at a moments notice.

I hope they have public amenities. Paying $15-20+ a month extra better not be going towards this tower. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Duke is absolutely going to happen. And I wouldn't put it passed them to stay in DEC, because who would leave that beautiful corp. center, and occupy a new tower as well. Theres enough people scattered all throughout the state that could be moved back to Charlotte at a moments notice.

That's great news.

Will the new Duke tower start in 2018?

On 9/21/2017 at 2:09 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Lastly, Charlotte isn't world class, and it won't ever be. Its iconic towers were a dick measuring contest between two middle aged men trying to one up eachother.

Late to this, and understand your comment for what it is, though I'd argue much will change if we make it another 500 years into the future, one can simply look 500 years into the past to see how that may go.  Dick measuring has pretty much defined the entirety of world history at that.

13 minutes ago, nowensone said:

Late to this, and understand your comment for what it is, though I'd argue much will change if we make it another 500 years into the future, one can simply look 500 years into the past to see how that may go.  Dick measuring has pretty much defined the entirety of world history at that.

That includes the Catholic Church and it's clergy... but we digress. 

• Haha 1

Imagine the new Ally Center at Tryon Place to the right and behind the Harvey B Gantt the new Duke Energy we are not going to build it tower. 

From CPE Magazine https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/new-skyscraper-coming-to-uptown-charlotte/?utm_source=whatcountsemail&utm_medium=cpe daily&utm_campaign=cpe daily newsletter

IMG_0869.JPG

• Like 1