Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

2 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Do we know what is going on yet with the conflicting information in Accela regarding the Sqft of this building?

This is from the most recent record that is in progress for the building last updated 3/27/18
# of Parking Spaces:
Office Space:
Retail Space:
Open Space:

Here is the same info that is listed in the record for the approved foundation work back on 1/12/18:

# of Parking Spaces:
Office Space:
Retail Space:
Open Space:

Yea, I guess we will just have to wait and see, it actually might be possible this got 3 floors larger, but I don't think it did. I sincerely hope it did.

45 minutes ago, Hunted said:

What's going here? Just green space improvement?

I think it would be really neat for this strip to connect to the strip on the other side of Tryon (next to Legacy Union) via a pedestrian tunnel. Perhaps a more elaborate bike path/pedestrian trail around the loop with this part being a little "green" segment of it. Lots of opportunities here.

This will be staging for the site til its finished. Pretty sure there is a plan to improve it into quality greenspace.

Legacy Union will include a pedestrian and bike promenade called "The Belk Trail" which I believe will connect to Tryon Place as well.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea, I guess we will just have to wait and see, it actually might be possible this got 3 floors larger, but I don't think it did. I sincerely hope it did.

This will be staging for the site til its finished. Pretty sure there is a plan to improve it into quality greenspace.

Legacy Union will include a pedestrian and bike promenade called "The Belk Trail" which I believe will connect to Tryon Place as well.

This is where a skate park needs to be. Couldn't remember where it was in the other (off topic) thread.

42 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

This is where a skate park needs to be. Couldn't remember where it was in the other (off topic) thread.

I think the world will be hit by an asteroid before BofA allows a skate park to go in on the same land as the tower they anchored for the Merrill Lynch and US Trust folks. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

I think the world will be hit by an asteroid before BofA allows a skate park to go in on the same land as the tower they anchored for the Merrill Lynch and US Trust folks. 

I'm referring to the separate piece of land, yeah? Didn't he say that was going to be all green space? I may have misread and I didn't say it was going to happen, but it would be a good thing to have if it was just going to be trees and benches anyway.

I...not U may have misread....

Edited by HighRiseHillbilly

I'm referring to the separate piece of land, yeah? Didn't he say that was going to be all green space? U may have misread and I didn't say it was going to happen, but it would be a good thing to have if it was just going to be trees and benches anyway.

Original was steel, haven’t seen an RFP for this one yet might be a question for @JSquared I recon he/she might know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Original was steel, haven’t seen an RFP for this one yet might be a question for @JSquared I recon he/she might know.

You know, thats not a half bad idea. I’ll pitch it to do the developer. I’m sure they will just roll their eyes at me :-).

18 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Nice. So which rendering should we be looking at?

which renderings? what are you asking for?

Edited by Guest

Just now, Scribe said:

I think he was looking for confirmation if there was a change order to add 2 more floors or not and if so, were there updated rendering...

I can't find anything new in the city zoning files.

yea it got its permits, but the plans havent been approved yet, which is weird, but the plans should be approved in a matter of days. They must have retained the same GC since 2014, otherwise I would have had RFP documents by now.

13 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Here is a render I have not seen before that puts into perspective how plays with the other buildings.  From the approved grading permit package.

I had a fear the Westin/Regions and this would all be the same height.  Very happy for the undulation and this is 25 floor version.  If it did grow by 3 floors even better.

I like the external bracing design.

Screenshot (3).png

image.thumb.png.36c59c733180e47cd9770c6d9f0225b8.png

image.thumb.png.44d3451bc4a89c388b87e13b89562196.png

Surprised You've never seen it, maybe I've never posted, here is a few high resolution in color. Don't judge the parking deck based on this, I've been told

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

^ Sweet even better.  Just noticed the big garage next to it.  It's like 20% height of the building.  There is no retail in that at all on Collage or Hill St?  Imposing :/

Theres two spaces along Hill Street in the tower itself. The deck should have retail facing the interior breezeway, but I don't think any facing College unfortunately. There will be hotel facing some of college and a drive up for the hotel. I'm told there will be a pretty high dollar amount of screening on the deck, like Novel Stonewall but different.

Edited by Guest

If DEC, part 2 delivers, then I can forgive Tryon Place for being so disappointingly underwhelming. As far as viewer presence (disclaiming this before the pro-retail people hop on my junk), it simply just adds density. Nothing more, nothing less. As mentioned before, at least it's not the same height as Regions and Westin, because that would be annoying.