Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

yet, its not great. Sure it has a lot going for it, its the most beautiful building in the southeast, but it treats the street pretty badly. So these buildings, being developed nearly 3 decades later (:-o) have a greater upside as far as the public realm goes. Assuming that these developers get it right. I've learned DEC #2 is coming this fall so that could be another 600' tower to add to the mix. 

BOAC with no street level friendliness will still be a bigger draw for the simple fact of it’s status. No one is going to go to Stonewall to take pictures of the buildings unless you’re architecture nerds like us. 

4 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

BOAC with no street level friendliness will still be a bigger draw for the simple fact of it’s status. No one is going to go to Stonewall to take pictures of the buildings unless you’re architecture nerds like us. 

Theres a big difference between going to take pictures, and physically interacting with a space. BOAC might be more instagrammable, but its 3 streets of blank walls, various above grade uses, and a few lobbies. Stonewall and Tryon could have 250k of retail at full buildout.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Hunted said:

I know, right?! His casualness legitimately bothered me. New York has jaded him. :tw_tounge_wink:

I can be too hype, thats when I get myself into trouble.

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I can be too hype, thats when I get myself into trouble.

I won't beg you for details, but I'm excited for news of this to slowly trickle out. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing what you feel comfortable sharing.

• Like 2

By this fall you mean announcement right? No way dirt starts moving before the end of the year........right?

No clue, just some info from someone close to Childress Klein. I’m saying announcement. That said, announcements have been after dirt moving in some cases lately, but there’s enough people on this site watching the planning dept page that I doubt they’ll make it past us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

@ricky_davis_fan_21 probably has the latest or last rendering

34 minutes ago, skymiler said:

Was there an official rendering (final version) ever made public? 

I believe this was the offish

EDIT: WRONG THREAD

image.thumb.png.646d974f7139aefa548d21904d350eaf.png

image.thumb.png.a46fb3c602d2d993cbc0d115c0a5a920.png

I got a image with a hotel in it too, but I'll share that one when I'm allowed. ;-)

Edited by Guest

That parking deck is going to be ugly from the Belk :-(

Theres a plan for screening it al a Marc Fornes and Stonewall Station.

Edit: and frankly Legacy Union will have a parking deck nearly the height of Courtside facing the same highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jtmonk said:

Still waiting on that rendering of the hotel.... 

It won’t drop until the flag is announced. Which is still a while away. 

8 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Question: is there going to be several floors of underground parking before this thing goes vertical? 

I think just 1. But the footers will be deep. 

• Like 2