Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Crane count from the top of my head:

1 crane  Tryon Place      4 cranes at Legacy

1 at Home2Suites at SS   1 at 550 Stonewall 1 at Railyard  1 at Dimensional Funds  1 at 300 Summit  1 at Bohemian hotel site      

That is 10 off the top of my head but I am probably missing some.  

2nd crane at TP going up soon 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Crane count from the top of my head:

1 crane  Tryon Place      4 cranes at Legacy

1 at Home2Suites at SS   1 at 550 Stonewall 1 at Railyard  1 at Dimensional Funds  1 at 300 Summit  1 at Bohemian hotel site      

That is 10 off the top of my head but I am probably missing some.  

1 at the refinery

I wonder how the cities' announcement that they want to help develop a convention center hotel means for our presumed hotel flag for this site. Any hotel I'd have imagined here would be better suited for taking "house money" and developing a 1000 room hotel. 

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I wonder how the cities' announcement that they want to help develop a convention center hotel means for our presumed hotel flag for this site. Any hotel I'd have imagined here would be better suited for taking "house money" and developing a 1000 room hotel. 

This seems like a cryptic message.  I thought the pressumed brand that was going here was not really presumed at all (I.e. It was simply awaiting an official announcement).  Do you have some info to pass along?

My only issue with a hypothetical convention hotel going in this plot is purely about aesthetics. If this shares this plot with Ally, the footprint can’t be very big unless they also use the top of the parking deck as well. That would be all well and fine, except it would be a taller tower lost in a sea of towers (DEC, DEC2, TP, & TP2.) Which IMO is a good problem to have; but it would be a shame.

22 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

This seems like a cryptic message.  I thought the pressumed brand that was going here was not really presumed at all (I.e. It was simply awaiting an official announcement).  Do you have some info to pass along?

Just getting antsy. Seemed like a announcement was forthcoming, but its been a while, and the cities little tidbit would definitely be worth consideration if I were Marriott International. I know there was more than one option at their disposal.

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Just getting antsy. Seemed like a announcement was forthcoming, but its been a while, and the cities little tidbit would definitely be worth consideration if I were Marriott International. I know there was more than one option at their disposal.

They might switch flags to a Hilton property or something.   But Marriott opened a JW Marriott and a Marriott Marquis (1000 room hotel with TX shaped pool) in a short time frame in downtown Houston. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

They might switch flags to a Hilton property or something.   But Marriott opened a JW Marriott and a Marriott Marquis (1000 room hotel with TX shaped pool) in a short time frame in downtown Houston. 

I'd guess Hyatt. 

This isn't Houston who's Convention Center is YUGE.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

We need a real deal Hyatt instead of their limited service product Hyatt Place, Hyatt Suites etc. 

It's baffling to me that as big as Charlotte is, we do not have a single full service Hyatt flag hotel.  With respect to Marriott, assuming the JW comes to pass we basically will have their entire portfolio of properties.

13 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

A Park Hyatt in place of a (cough) JW Marriott (cough) would be nice 

Don't think a Park Hyatt will ever come to Charlotte, but a Grand Hyatt sure would be nice.