Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Ally Bank at Tryon Place.  Today.  Seems to be more rock than I would have thought.  I would be looking for little gold rocks.  Today including your free Two-fer of Legacy and TP.  

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

There is so much bedrock here, this is why they couldn't bury the parking deck, per Crescent.

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The money pit of the new Tryon Place today.  Soon to be Charlotte Rising.  Did we ever figure out is this 26 or 28 floors since the leaseable space has seemed to grow? 

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

27 only and maybe somewhat uglier. :-(

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

27 only and maybe somewhat uglier. :-(

I assume that you have inside information.  My guess is that the metal bracing on the façade has been eliminated to reduce costs.    The shape is a basic box, so there's nothing other than eliminating that unique façade feature that I can envision to make it uglier.

At a minimum,  it will add some vitality to the streetscape.

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I assume that you have inside information.  My guess is that the metal bracing on the façade has been eliminated to reduce costs.    The shape is a basic box, so there's nothing other than eliminating that unique façade feature that I can envision to make it uglier.

At a minimum,  it will add some vitality to the streetscape.

actually more metal bracing, less glass curtain.

EDIT: I take it back, I like it still. I photoshopped the rendering, and its not bad. I just can't share LOL. Actually got more of a LA modernist vibe now

Edited by Guest

Tha

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

actually more metal bracing, less glass curtain.

EDIT: I take it back, I like it still. I photoshopped the rendering, and its not bad. I just can't share LOL. Actually got more of a LA modernist vibe now

Thanks for the info.  I think that the bracing looks great.  I’m guessing that it has been added to the portions of the curtain wall where none was called for previously.

I think that this project will turn out nicely.

71D8EF32-8691-4226-B80E-3F2D5CCC9D0E.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCarton

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tha

Thanks for the info.  I think that the bracing looks great.  I’m guessing that it has been added to the portions of the curtain wall where none was called for previously.

I think that this project will turn out nicely.

71D8EF32-8691-4226-B80E-3F2D5CCC9D0E.jpeg

Here it is photoshopped. Crown got smaller and recessed and the grid was extended to Stonewall. At least as I understand it. Not my best work, but it'll do. around 388'.  Coulda changed further, but I doubt think so.

image.thumb.png.2fbe4b44847fd3c9dd31a3072b08f366.png

Edited by Guest

I think I actually like that better than the original.  Either way, for a 388' building it isn't going to make a major impact on the skyline, especially since it is being buried by DEC and LU.  I am more interested on the ground floor aesthetic and what sort of retail they are able to attract.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBS said:

This looks fine but I hope they are done.  The first rendering was gorgeous, the second was nice and this (if accurate) is a little less nice.  I hope someone builds that first design somewhere in Uptown eventually.

the first, first design? Cuz according to the people I've talked to that was a overly expensive, pipe dream of a design, with inefficient floorplans that few users would sign on to.