Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

48 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

the first, first design? Cuz according to the people I've talked to that was a overly expensive, pipe dream of a design, with inefficient floorplans that few users would sign on to. 

I totally believe you (and them).  But that was a beautiful building.  I'm still kind of miffed that Crescent built a website around that design and sold it as a realistic option (which, based on your comment, it never was).  That's why we don't let Marketing talk pricing at my company.  They tend to over-promise and when we fail to deliver people are understandably pissed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBS said:

I totally believe you (and them).  But that was a beautiful building.  I'm still kind of miffed that Crescent built a website around that design and sold it as a realistic option (which, based on your comment, it never was).  That's why we don't let Marketing talk pricing at my company.  They tend to over-promise and when we fail to deliver people are understandably pissed...

The more ambitious design probably helped draw clients like Ally in by showcasing the capability of Crescent and then customizing it to suit when the actual practical discussion begins.

Dealerships do the same thing by putting a $200,000 Ford GT in a showroom when most people are there to buy a $40,000 Explorer.  It shows buyers of other cars, what Ford can do. Home builders have a model home fully loaded with all the features, when most people will pick and chose features to keep to their budget. Airplane manufacturers show how luxurious the new cabin of an airplane could be to show their technological ability, but then what American or United actually orders for the cabin upfit isn't as nice

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

the first, first design? Cuz according to the people I've talked to that was a overly expensive, pipe dream of a design, with inefficient floorplans that few users would sign on to. 

Do you have a picture of the Rendering, you guys have me curious on what it looked like

15 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

The more ambitious design probably helped draw clients like Ally in by showcasing the capability of Crescent and then customizing it to suit when the actual practical discussion begins.

Dealerships do the same thing by putting a $200,000 Ford GT in a showroom when most people are there to buy a $40,000 Explorer.  It shows buyers of other cars, what Ford can do. Home builders have a model home fully loaded with all the features, when most people will pick and chose features to keep to their budget. Airplane manufacturers show how luxurious the new cabin of an airplane could be to show their technological ability, but then what American or United actually orders for the cabin upfit isn't as nice

Actually Crescent/Little drew at least 4 different buildings for various users. The original Tryon Place concept was specifically for a user that bought a parking lot not far away for their own tower, partnering with Childress Klein. Unless you guys know a fly on the wall, with the ability to talk, we will likely never know why the negotiations ended with them going different directions.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

Are they ever going to officially announce the hotel brand and release some official renderings?

Honestly, who knows. The building seems to be full steam ahead, and they keep submitting revised documents, so who knows if my intel of the design is even correct anymore. Plus they don't respond to my emails after my tear down of Stonewall Station, snowflakes ;-) I'm kidding of course, if anyone is reading this, please email me back, I'm totally worth it.

Edited by Guest

One thing I Never noticed about this building, the articulated grid is set off the facade in this rendering. That could make this building very interesting actually. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 3.58.52 PM.png

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

One thing I Never noticed about this building, the articulated grid is set off the facade in this rendering. That could make this building very interesting actually. 

Looks fine but I don't think I'd love the offset grid if I actually worked in the building.  Talk about an obstructed view!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So what you're saying is that this isn't just a grid over a building, but a building in a cage? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

So what you're saying is that this isn't just a grid over a building, but a building in a cage? 

Its a Genie in a bottle, you gotta rub it in the right way.