Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Aren’t there only 26 stories in this tower and therefore, about 20 left to go.  At this rate, couldn’t  the framing could easily top out by this summer?

Yes - Steel Framing could possibly top out in the June/July Timeframe.  Depends on a lot of things but both Cranes also need to be raised to complete this buildings framing.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, j-man said:

I remember the good ole days with this one. Love this angle. So much impact from this one project. I need an updated one with the new version and all the other developments!! 

Related image

Maybe it’s because I’ve seen this one to death that I’m no longer disappointed.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Is it ever going to stop raining, makes me not want to move back lol

No, everything is just chronically wet now and damp. More rain for this weekend!

Looking back at the Legacy Union and Tryon Place pics is like a sad historical record for how little sunshine days we have had lately. 

Edited by CLT2014

On 1/18/2019 at 9:24 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Do you guys like the rendering (in above two threads) of what is now Ally Center better than what is planned to be built now?  I like the rendering better.

I still love the old renderings, but at least they updated the recent ones from being just a box. 

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  Can you tell if the bracing is metal or concrete or is it not at that stage yet?

The articulated box framing is precast concrete with acid etched finish.  The spaces between the windows is sandblasted precast concrete. The street level is a mix of Brick, aluminum, ceramic tile, and wood soffits 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Garage will probably start going up before the hotel I would think.  they need it for just the construction workers alone. 

Parking deck and hotel are attached to one another, parking deck will start, then once it gets above ground the hotel will begin.

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The articulated box framing is precast concrete with acid etched finish.  The spaces between the windows is sandblasted precast concrete. The street level is a mix of Brick, aluminum, ceramic tile, and wood soffits 

Thanks.  I initially thought that it was going to be metal, but then in one of the renderings, the boxes looked like concrete.