Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

18 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

On a garage of this girth/capacity do they perform any usability studies as part of design and sign off phase? 

By this I mean if any calculation is done such as if I'm parked on floor 9 at 4:30pm on a Friday it will take X amount of time to get out?  vs if I'm parked at floor 9 at 11am on a Sunday will take X amount of time to get out.

Yes. There are parking lot/deck design consultants that are able to do this kind of modeling. They use the same "Level of Service" designations that you see in general traffic design. You can be sure that on a project that big, the modeling was done so they know just how bad it will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

Yes. There are parking lot/deck design consultants that are able to do this kind of modeling. They use the same "Level of Service" designations that you see in general traffic design. You can be sure that on a project that big, the modeling was done so they know just how bad it will be. 

Guess all these stats then were in acceptable ranges.  We will see I guess.

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

On a garage of this girth/capacity do they perform any usability studies as part of design and sign off phase? 

By this I mean if any calculation is done such as if I'm parked on floor 9 at 4:30pm on a Friday it will take X amount of time to get out?  vs if I'm parked at floor 9 at 11am on a Sunday will take X amount of time to get out.

Sunday was an interesting choice of day for you to choose lol (I know you were just throwing out an off day).  But I can't even begin to imagine getting out of that deck after a Panthers game from the top level.  At probably 30-40 dollars a pop, someone is going to make a nice chunk of change on event days.

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Here you guys go. Best I could do in a half hour.

I know this was a quick and dirty, but is Ally not proportionally taller to LU1?  What did Ally come out at? 24? 26 floors?  I saw your version on twitter including DEC2.  I am sure everyone here would love to see it as well.   Thanks for putting together.

I know this was a quick and dirty, but is Ally not proportionally taller to LU1?  What did Ally come out at? 24? 26 floors?  I saw your version on twitter including DEC2.  I am sure everyone here would love to see it as well.   Thanks for putting together.

I drew it all in perspective. Based on distance across tryon, and setbacks, this is about the height it all center would be. There’s more than 160 feet from edge to edge.

83806a6eafe4efde411ba220b54f8fd3.jpg&key=e2352e11db0ae20577479f2ce0eb3a9655f7f6885a6e2c3d62c2554f940ba640

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Off topic but I would not be mad if DEC2 turned out similar to RDF's design. You ever thought about being an architect [mention=17104]ricky_davis_fan_21[/mention]?

I did once a long time ago. I guess one of my exes dads became a prolific architect in his 40s but he was already an engineer. At 33 I’m not sure I want to go back to school for however long. Probably 3 years if I can transfer some art school credits.

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I drew it all in perspective. Based on distance across tryon, and setbacks, this is about the height it all center would be. There’s more than 160 feet from edge to edge.

83806a6eafe4efde411ba220b54f8fd3.jpg&key=e2352e11db0ae20577479f2ce0eb3a9655f7f6885a6e2c3d62c2554f940ba640

I did once a long time ago. I guess one of my exes dads became a prolific architect in his 40s but he was already an engineer. At 33 I’m not sure I want to go back to school for however long. Probably 3 years if I can transfer some art school credits.

Is the design for DEC 2 something you secretely know or have heard? Because I would be down with that type of design. 

5 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Is the design for DEC 2 something you secretely know or have heard? Because I would be down with that type of design. 

I kinda sorta know what it'll look like but can't share that. So this is my interpretation that is far enough from the design to not get anyone in trouble.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

This evening. Includes a facade mock-up with the sun setting behind. And a shot of the first floor.

Love the medium gray. It’s not ur usual blue.

Edit: Don't know what to make of it otherwise, however. haha

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Just drove down Wilkinson toward uptown. This building is starting to gain a presence in the skyline.  Will really fill in that side of uptown from the perspective.

And when the hotel hoes vertical it will really be full in that area and look even more complete. 

6 minutes ago, j-man said:

I sure hope the grass areas next to all theses developments get revamped as well. Wasn't there supposed to be something built over that section, like some sort of seating area?

Thats DOT land, Highway ROW. Nothing to do with Ally Center or any other project.

Edited by Guest