Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I'm confused... Are the floor heights on Ally much taller than the Regions building? By floor count, Ally is probably at 10 or 11 at the moment. But optically, it's already approaching the height of Regions from this angle. However, Regions (615 College) is listed at 19 stories and 300 feet. It just feels like Ally should end up being more than 78' taller than Regions based on current progress...

image.png.15f98cb56ba02ea9ad25b9e0f3390fdd.png

8 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

I'm confused... Are the floor heights on Ally much taller than the Regions building? By floor count, Ally is probably at 10 or 11 at the moment. But optically, it's already approaching the height of Regions from this angle. However, Regions (615 College) is listed at 19 stories and 300 feet. It just feels like Ally should end up being more than 78' taller than Regions based on current progress...

Its much closer to the camera.

12 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

image.thumb.png.b14d4e5d8f7a97b398547b428230068d.png

I'm Ricky Davis, and I'll be your professor today, welcome to Three Point Perspective 101. This should help ya out.

Edited by Guest

I was going to say, it's just that the building is in the foreground and the other is in the background. lol From another angle, this building is could seem like the tallest building  uptown.... But most likely they are the same floor heights, maybe slightly larger ground floor at most, but yeah...

Edited by j-man

3 minutes ago, j-man said:

I was going to say, it's just that the building is in the foreground and the other is in the background. lol From another angle, this building is could seem like the tallest building  uptown.... But most likely they are the same floor heights, maybe slightly larger ground floor at most, but yeah...

Yea its imporant to remember there is very wide boulevard of a street and a future 1400 space parking deck between Ally Charlotte Center and Regions Bank Center

Thanks for all the great photos @KJHburg. Those last ones are interesting as it looks like they did end up going with a smooth faced corner facade for Tryon/Stonewall with the entire remainder of the building having the grid exoskeleton. It was perplexing to me for a moment how the corners (except Tryon/Stonewall) were alternating sticking all the way out or being slightly recessed and then it clicked. I recall some questions lingering over that in the past in regards to whether the entire "backside" of the building would be completely grid or not.

• Like 4

One question I have about Tryon Place and Ally is this garage that faces 615 Regions on S College going to have retail in its base like Legacy and its massive Church St garage.  If not it should they are missing a really opportunity otherwise.  

Pocket park only

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They should do retail along S College at least a few spots to liven up the street there.  Maybe someone on this board who has influence with them can suggest it.  Just a sandwich shop or something. 

Not really how it works haha, nobody on this board has influence to change gears on a couple hundred million dollar project. It’s definitely concerning that the retail isn’t there tho.

They talked about a parking deck beer garden years ago but that hasn’t materialized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk