Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will the façade consist of concrete and glass?  I thought that it would be shiny metal and glass like 425 Park Avenue in New York.

lower facade will have a good bit of metal. Most of the building face is stone, concrete and class.

Man I hope they don't screw up the parking garage on this one. Stonewall already has two that are pretty disappointing as far as looks go. And they are awkwardly placed. I hope this one can have some  cool designs or glass. Any details on the garage itself?? Like his one here, along with some greenery.

Image result for parking garage

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

Maybe this question has been asked: It appears that the work for the Metal Grid design throughout the outside of the building has started? If so, it appears that the grid is going to be all over the building, as opposed to most of the building. I know someone said the original plans had changed to have the  grid totally covering all sides of this building-as opposed to what's seen in the rendering. 

Ok- that was kind of a question/kind of a rambling observation. 

22 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Maybe this question has been asked: It appears that the work for the Metal Grid design throughout the outside of the building has started? If so, it appears that the grid is going to be all over the building, as opposed to most of the building. I know someone said the original plans had changed to have the  grid totally covering all sides of this building-as opposed to what's seen in the rendering. 

Ok- that was kind of a question/kind of a rambling observation. 

I'm the one that speculated this might have happened (full grid) but I can confirm this is not the case. The grid will only wrap 277 and College facing sides fully. Stonewall and Tryon will only be 2/3, and you can see this evidenced from this photo by @704Dimitri. Also since I don't want people to complain when its not a metal grid, it was never a metal grid. Its acid edged precast concrete. 

image.png.8d7557c2cfec1ccd45c3251078ee4354.png@704Dimitri

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, DMann said:

Do I detect a tower crane going in for JW Marriott?

I did not even notice that but I think you are right where that wooden box is where the white truck is backed into with the trailer. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bruco72 said:

Not saying I dislike it (yet) but the facade will certainly be “chunky” and not super glassy. Might turn out kinda cool looking but I’m not there yet. 

And this full "skeleton" won't existing on all the building, which could create an interesting contrast. 

I think the chunkieness ((:wacko:)) of the building will be unique because no other building that i could think of has big outward breaks in the windows like this in Uptown. 

7 minutes ago, j-man said:

I think the chunkieness ((:wacko:)) of the building will be unique because no other building that i could think of has big outward breaks in the windows like this in Uptown. 

Chunky might be the wrong word, but it certainly isn't subtle. And I hope you're right.  I do like having a front row seat to this build, its an interesting one. 

3 minutes ago, Bruco72 said:

Chunky might be the wrong word, but it certainly isn't subtle. And I hope you're right.  I do like having a front row seat to this build, its an interesting one. 

I feel like it will look like a tic tac toe type of thing. It's different. I like it.