Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

7 minutes ago, 49er said:

I don't recall seeing this perspective. What a sexy beast. 

jw.jpg

This is my favorite view of the building, but I was never "allowed" to share it. Looks like they have updated to a beefier facade, and 86d the articulating windows. Here is previous version for comparison.

image.thumb.png.249e8bd82c72982549da8cfe33c322c6.png

Edited by Guest

Given that I'll be looking at it everyday, I really wish they'd screen that ramp. Even the LU screening (which is only ok) would be welcome. 

I don't miss the articulating windows. I like the new rendering better. This will be a very attractive development from Tryon and Stonewall. 

30 minutes ago, Bruco72 said:

Given that I'll be looking at it everyday, I really wish they'd screen that ramp. Even the LU screening (which is only ok) would be welcome. 

I don't miss the articulating windows. I like the new rendering better. This will be a very attractive development from Tryon and Stonewall. 

It'll be screened, for sure. I think this is why they don't like the rendering shared, because it doesn't show how they plan on screening the deck.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It'll be screened, for sure. I think this is why they don't like the rendering shared, because it doesn't show how they plan on screening the deck.

Will the Atherton Mill parking deck be screened by Crescent as well? I assume it will be. Wish they would do something cool like they did to the Novel NoDa deck.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cjolley92 said:

Will the Atherton Mill parking deck be screened by Crescent as well? I assume it will be. Wish they would do something cool like they did to the Novel NoDa deck.

The jury is still out on that one. I am doing an article on Eden's Atherton (and other developers's) contribution to the rail trail, and was going through my email and found one from last April that stated the following.

There are a list of enhancements planned for the parking deck at Atherton that will likely not begin to be implemented or apparent for over a year or so. Edens needs to be sure that all retailers are on board with the plan before releasing any additional details (which will likely take quite a while).

41 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

DPR Construction has been selected as the general contractor for the 381-room JW Marriott hotel heading to uptown Charlotte. Construction is expected to begin in May. More about the project from October: https://t.co/vcEc8D5YgE

Looks like they should be wrapping up that end of the parking ramp and wall between the ramp and the hotel very soon (just put another piece in place in the last 30 minutes), so you'd think they'd be able to stay on that May timeline.