Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

15 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

BTW, they are now working on the elevator core of floor 18 and 19 on Ally.  LU2 will be 19 floors, so in a couple days Ally will be at the equivalent final height of LU2 which will help with perspective on how it will look in the skyline...I can already tell it will appear taller than I first imagined.

oh for sure, this is going to be a very crowded area for buildings. 

36 minutes ago, GoingUptown said:

Some photos from today’s glorious Charlotte day... And my random thoughts:

1) This parking deck is massively high and is THISCLOSE to the main building.  I know there are plans to adorn the parking deck, and it’ll need it.  You can see one of the photos from the College St side and it looks massive.

2) Will they adorn the side of the parking deck facing the building?  If not, that will be one heck of a view from the dark side of the moon!

3) The future hotel is a very deep hole right now.  Any idea when we’ll start to see that rise?

4) They’re up to floor 7 with glass, and that grid design looks sweet. 

FB987AA2-A140-4D78-96AC-4BC0992DD988.jpeg

Its turning out so clean. God I just wish one thing, I wish the window inlays were light wood texture, maybe cedar color.

image.thumb.png.3102380be4e202486bc7e19df15f3106.png

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I photoshopped it and it looks GHASTLY.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its turning out so clean. God I just wish one thing, I wish the window inlays were light wood texture, maybe cedar color.

I was thinking maybe aluminum or some sort of glass paneling. It really is the one thing I don't like about the building. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.3102380be4e202486bc7e19df15f3106.png

Do one real quick with a glass panel that matches the color of the glass.  Should look better I think.  Too many colors up there. The band makes it look shorter than it really is.  

22 minutes ago, FreeOpinions said:

Do one real quick with a glass panel that matches the color of the glass.  Should look better I think.  Too many colors up there. The band makes it look shorter than it really is.  

Disagree. I think the current format does a really good job of breaking up the thickness of the building while looking like a updated southern californian 60's modernist skyscraper.

• Like 4

Disagree. I think the current format does a really good job of breaking up the thickness of the building while looking like a updated southern californian 60's modernist skyscraper.

Actually think our new mystery poster is right. Though I dig what’s going on now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, GoingUptown said:

Some photos from today’s glorious Charlotte day... And my random thoughts:

1) This parking deck is massively high and is THISCLOSE to the main building.  I know there are plans to adorn the parking deck, and it’ll need it.  You can see one of the photos from the College St side and it looks massive.

2) Will they adorn the side of the parking deck facing the building?  If not, that will be one heck of a view from the dark side of the moon!

3) The future hotel is a very deep hole right now.  Any idea when we’ll start to see that rise?

4) They’re up to floor 7 with glass, and that grid design looks sweet. 

FB987AA2-A140-4D78-96AC-4BC0992DD988.jpeg

60985358-5A1C-49C9-B942-0660DAC4A035.jpeg

I also wish they would have gone with a different material (probably steel) to break up the wall less than they did. From street level looking up (pic 1) you can see the depth of the grid but from further away, which most people will see this from, you are 4 concrete corners away from some brutalist architecture like CarolinaDaydreamin said. Or even just reducing the thickness of them so that they aren't roughly the same size as the blocking would have helped.

14 minutes ago, JHart said:

I also wish they would have gone with a different material (probably steel) to break up the wall less than they did. From street level looking up (pic 1) you can see the depth of the grid but from further away, which most people will see this from, you are 4 concrete corners away from some brutalist architecture like CarolinaDaydreamin said. Or even just reducing the thickness of them so that they aren't roughly the same size as the blocking would have helped.

That’s been my thought along. Just a little too thick. 25%-33% thinner and I think it would look much better. 

All in all though it looks good, the glass is great, and the updated street level plan is fantastic. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, CTiger said:

Good news is that the deck looks like its finally topped out.  

Wow! Half the building on the back looks into a parking deck...I hope crescent has a Cracker Jack leasing team.  

I thought they were going to abut the deck with single loaded office until they got above the deck.  That would have gotten the building a lot taller too.

Edited by FreeOpinions