Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

7 hours ago, NcSc74 said:

I'm sooooo jealous of you guys.  The city must feel alive with all of this activity.

The good thing is that no where in the Carolinas is too far from Charlotte, so everyone can enjoy it.  For that matter, Uptown is a little less than 100 miles from the Virginia border to the north, so Charlotte is really the nucleus of a tri-state area.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I really like this building, but can’t help but ask, did they build this too short?  I know the cost will rise rapidly at certain points in height, but it seems like this could have been in the 35-40 story range.  Not complaining, I love the building visually, just thinking of the economics. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The good thing is that no where in the Carolinas is too far from Charlotte, so everyone can enjoy it.  For that matter, Uptown is a little less than 100 miles from the Virginia border to the north, so Charlotte is really the nucleus of a tri-state area.

I don't know bro, where I live in the Carolinas is very far from Charlotte. I can get in my car and be in DC in about half the time I could get to Charlotte. :D

28 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

I don't know bro, where I live in the Carolinas is very far from Charlotte. I can get in my car and be in DC in about half the time I could get to Charlotte. :D

I’ve driven north up I-77 many times from Uptown, and it’s only about 90 miles to the Virginia border.  Thus, from Virginia to SC is only about 100 miles via I-77.  Since NC isn’t very big from north to south, and since Charlotte sits almost in the middle of the state from east to west, it’s very accessible to almost all of NC and must of SC. Thus, we can all enjoy it.

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, jordan704 said:

I have a friend that works at Ally in the current building uptown and he was was saying that he might not get to move into the new building because they are saying they don't have enough room.

Maybe we will see Ally II by built at Legacy Union if the new BB&T does not beat them to it.  :)

I know I have mentioned this before, but I can’t believe another hotel is not being announced in that area with all of the office development.  With the growth of S Tryon and Southend, hotel rooms will be hard to get.  

1 hour ago, jordan704 said:

I have a friend that works at Ally in the current building uptown and he was was saying that he might not get to move into the new building because they are saying they don't have enough room.

The new building Ally is moving to is still 25% unoccupied so I think Ally would lease those floors if they were projecting to be out of space. Most likely there is confusion among employees at the existing Ally Center on Church Street since they are getting moved into WeWork facilities while the company is in between leases Uptown. Ally will be vacating their Church Street office over the course of 2019 and moving into WeWork / temp space. 

For reference, the 400,000 square feet Ally is moving into is almost double the 216,554 it leases at Ally Center on Church Street. The company will consolidate the South Park employees (~80,000 sq. feet) and Ballantyne employees (~25,000 square feet) too, but still have an extra ~80,000 sq feet in the new property for them to grow into over their current footprint.

In addition, Ally might have bumped up their lease from 400k square feet. The building is showing 75%+ leased, but Ally's lease would account for less than 60% of the building at 400k. Haven't heard anybody else announced. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jasons0013 said:

I really hope BB&T s goes anywhere else but Legacy Union.

I know there are lots more important factors that go into the decision of where to build/lease for a corporate HQ, and apparently BB&T has a reputation for being extraordinarily value-conscious, but I wouldn't want to put my HQ building chockablock with a tower named for my largest competitor. I'd definitely search for an independent plot or block.

44 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think you will see a hotel at Legacy just wait.  Residential who knows but Johno Harris stated he knows all the office space and HQ drives demand for hotels and hotels in a big development like that are considered an amenity to the overall project.    Would love a Four Seasons with a limited number of Four Seasons Residences on top! 

Very good idea, a Four Seasons with residences would be awesome.  And, they typically have cool looking buildings.  

• Like 2

The deck is about halfway complete, it seems. Based on the renderings it will come all the way to Hill street and front it/277 without much screening. It will be interesting to see how the deck looks along College and the against the JW. I hope Crescent will do something to dress it up.

A3ADA3F9-9340-44E0-8D4A-D3297C79DAB9.png

14 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

The deck is about halfway complete, it seems. Based on the renderings it will come all the way to Hill street and front it/277 without much screening. It will be interesting to see how the deck looks along College and the against the JW. I hope Crescent will do something to dress it up.

A3ADA3F9-9340-44E0-8D4A-D3297C79DAB9.png

per crescent "rendering is meant to represent the building, not the deck."