Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

34 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Still not sure what I’m missing. Look at the rendering. I count 25 floors. Which is where they are now. Yet, it appears they are adding an entire new floor. Last week I assumed that was the hat bracketing based on the rendering. Maybe @ricky_davis_fan_21 can explain? 

I believe its a continuation of the sheer core/elevator shaft. I would imagine service elevator would have roof access for A/C repair. 

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I believe its a continuation of the sheer core/elevator shaft. I would imagine service elevator would have roof access for A/C repair. 

Thank you. That makes sense and now I’m no longer losing my mind. So we can now say again that it’s pretty much topped out (save for the hat and the final core shaft). 

6 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Thank you. That makes sense and now I’m no longer losing my mind. So we can now say again that it’s pretty much topped out (save for the hat and the final core shaft). 

I think so, but I emailed Crescent.

2 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Something seems suspicious. I know this could be an elevator shaft- but is the decorative top supposed to be 2-3 floors tall? Or are we getting a surprise RSA Battle House Tower spire added to the top? Hmmm. 

6C5C0AA6-71E9-485E-9C0C-071270EA84F6.jpeg

C7444BC1-E06D-416F-A16B-719F0CA60B44.jpeg

It’s totally wack and definitely adds the height of two stories. Makes me wonder if part of it isn’t temporary. If it’s permanent it’s going to be visible over the hat for sure.  

Hopefully @ricky_davis_fan_21 will hear back from Crescent  soon as to what exactly it is. Fingers crossed it’s additional floor/s. 

• Like 1

It’s what I expected, the service elevator stops on the roof, which is pretty unique for Charlotte. So the “Ally Hat” will be just as tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It’s what I expected, the service elevator stops on the roof, which is pretty unique for Charlotte. So the “Ally Hat” will be just as tall.

Now I really want there to be a prohibition bar up there "you have to go through the service entrance"

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Now I really want there to be a prohibition bar up there "you have to go through the service entrance"

Don't worry, I'll make it happen.

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

I'm not thrilled about the extra elevator shaft not being fully hidden by the hat screening.  Another bait and switch by Crescent in their renders. :tw_triumph:

It'll be much better hidden than the chiller at 300 South Tryon, and people have stopped complaining about that. It would be visible in none of the renderings that they have shown, except for the one that is just barely from a Birdseye, and its visible in that render.

image.png

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

a76de575160b7d033c6d30fd467b0119.jpg

Sanford and Son is now in CLT.

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

few more of Tryon Place today.  Close up of the elevator core of the JW Marriott hotel.   I see peoples. 

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Looks like hotel rebar is starting to be at street level.  The project seems to be moving quickly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1