Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Anyone else notice that they appear to have installed a different (green) shade of glass here? At first I thought it was just the light, but it stays green in all lighting conditions. 

C675EB9E-A76B-4DBB-992F-9D7AD133F69F.jpeg

I'd be willing to be there's ply wood leaning against the window, or plastic sheeting.

2 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Anyone else notice that they appear to have installed a different (green) shade of glass here? At first I thought it was just the light, but it stays green in all lighting conditions. 

C675EB9E-A76B-4DBB-992F-9D7AD133F69F.jpeg

I definitely see it - from a walk by a little while ago.  It also appeared there wasn’t anything leaning in the window, etc.  Two off-tinted window panes just above the floor with no windows right now. Odd. See photo. 

44F492F6-3F8A-42D3-945F-339C9F4B426D.jpeg

• Like 2

I really wish the parking deck had some sort of decorative screening.

It will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That elevator shaft is very prominent  from afar, which is kinda disappointing. Anyone know if there is a chance of it being covered up? 

There will be same material as the top of Legacy Union around the “hat” and that elevator shaft isn’t going to remain raw steel, it’ll be grey. And much less noticeable than the chiller on top of 300 South Tryon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This building is soo bleh to me... A little dated. Which is a little ironic since I love BOAT. Lol. I like the color of the glass and that's about it. 

Yea? I dunno. I just see this photo here, and I love the texture the shadows on the grid create. I think the pure white “hat” will offer a nice contrast, and make this building pop in it’s simple articulated minimalism.

06644865d0bd67edb8a75488a636473f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DMann said:

The real beauty of Ally will be at ground level.

I think the pattern on the facade makes it look nice. Yes it's a box but it's not a plain, featureless box.  I'm also personally just not a huge hater on box style skyscrapers as along as they aren't the only thing being built. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, UptownGottie said:

I don't mind the Ally building but I find i disappointing that companies offer amazing initial renderings and the actual projects do not come to look anything like it.  The most recent ones I can remember in Charlotte that actually delivered are Railyard and Dimensional Place.   I was so excited to see a project like the original one in the post link below.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/9499/tryon-place-uptown-charlottes-most-transformative-project/

tryon-place-13.jpg

That building was designed for Duke, this building was designed for Ally. There were also two or three other versions designed for other companies. Tryon Place, as we knew it, had pretty wild varying footprints, not very efficient, didn't make much sense to continue forward with. Ally Center, has super efficient, collaborative spaces that make sense in 2019. These buildings were never the speculative buildings they were advertised as.

Edited by Guest