Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I think they should reuse the original renderings someowhere else uptown. If all the architectural designs and specifics were complete, I say they use them elsewhere. I like them both but this would be great to use on the north end of uptown for another development. Sure it won’t happen lol but just a thought. 

37 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I hope the only reason they fixed it was because someone working on these buildings actually comes to UP- and reads our endless complaining when something is not right lol. 

They read it, a lot.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:24 PM, j-man said:

I think they should reuse the original renderings someowhere else uptown. If all the architectural designs and specifics were complete, I say they use them elsewhere. I like them both but this would be great to use on the north end of uptown for another development. Sure it won’t happen lol but just a thought. 

Levine will use it!

On 8/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, gman430 said:

fullsizeoutput-4bf.jpg

Ifsthis parking deck built in a way in that a 10-20 story building could be built on top of it because that sure would seem like a massive waste of space if they couldn't do that?

Edited by Ric0_0

11 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

Ifsthis parking deck built in a way in that a 10-20 story building could be built on top of it because that sure would seem like a massive waste of space if they couldn't do that?

First, it would need elevator lobbies on every floor of the deck and elevator shafts and they are not in the plans or the construction.

• Like 4

Two observations:

1) Is it me or does the hotel have an impossibly small footprint?  It doesn’t seem like it’ll be more than one room wide, no?

2) I’ve noticed that the top floor of the Ally tower is taller than the rest... by a good 4-5 feet, I’d say.  The executives will have some nice high ceilings in the penthouse!  :tw_joy:

• Like 1