Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

19 minutes ago, GoingUptown said:

Two observations:

1) Is it me or does the hotel have an impossibly small footprint?  It doesn’t seem like it’ll be more than one room wide, no?

2) I’ve noticed that the top floor of the Ally tower is taller than the rest... by a good 4-5 feet, I’d say.  The executives will have some nice high ceilings in the penthouse!  :tw_joy:

Its not really that small. See attached. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 5.30.26 PM.png

28 minutes ago, GoingUptown said:

Two observations:

1) Is it me or does the hotel have an impossibly small footprint?  It doesn’t seem like it’ll be more than one room wide, no?

2) I’ve noticed that the top floor of the Ally tower is taller than the rest... by a good 4-5 feet, I’d say.  The executives will have some nice high ceilings in the penthouse!  :tw_joy:

the hotel is just center hallway and room on either side fairly typical hotel footprint.    You may be right about the exec level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

for the record I just took information from the webpage https://www.allycharlottecenter.com/ for what it is worth shows minimal screening on the garage.   I hope it is screened as well as the Legacy Mega deck as it is completely screened and the only way you will see cars if look directly down at it from above.    Thats all no bad blood between me, RDF or anyone else I don't think. 

In other news this is NOT my car. 

It shows no screening, because its not a website dedicated to marketing a parking deck. Keep in mind this is how they showed off Stonewall Station. Ted Ginn. 

KJ and are as thick as thieves. Whatever that means haha.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.14.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.14.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.14.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.14.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.15.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.15.04 PM.png

Edited by Guest

image.thumb.png.98c095ee2ee1771ca3e8e1aa260a4db2.png

here fine, this is rendering with screening, that I shouldn't be sharing. This is not what it will look like though, but please just chill about the screening.

image.thumb.png.0c898cebcceeee83f4526270b5f8b0d1.png

image.thumb.png.ba1f6689e257b8fbe5f7cd5cdf8e51c4.png

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

for the record I just took information from the webpage https://www.allycharlottecenter.com/ for what it is worth shows minimal screening on the garage.   I hope it is screened as well as the Legacy Mega deck as it is completely screened and the only way you will see cars if look directly down at it from above.    Thats all no bad blood between me, RDF or anyone else I don't think. 

In other news this is NOT my car. 

IMG_1559.JPG

I love ya for it

Let’s try to break from this crap! Oks 

Screen no screen ...who cares. My dog had fleas and it is in my house. That is the the real problem 

Edited by A2.
  • Haha 4

Very Sexy.

It’s ok. There’s a pocket park planned the rest of the block behind though, which will be a nice place for dogs to relieve themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It’s ok. There’s a pocket park planned the rest of the block behind though, which will be a nice place for dogs to relieve themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To expand on this comment a bit. It is a slick rendering but it’s a bit antiseptic for my liking, they sexied up what will likely be a negative feature for this project by putting in exotic cars. 

The comment about dogs having a place to pee, was not meant to be funny, or mean. Take a walk in romare, our four legged friends need a place to pee, they are killing all the grass and trees. Uptown needs a dog park, fast.

Nothing in here was meant to sound "jerky" so apologies. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this is why I don't want a cap just better pedestrian connections from Southend to uptown and vice versa.  Drive bys today. 

IMG_2125 (1).JPG

Do you think they will change the color of that green space between the windows? It really clashes with the grey concrete color and has been bugging me since the day it started going up!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, youngt2 said:

Do you think they will change the color of that green space between the windows? It really clashes with the grey concrete color and has been bugging me since the day it started going up!

I don't think it clashes. haha. I like it. No way it changes. Though I wish it was woodgrain, but that'd be far too 2019, and look dated in a few years.

12 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Huh? It doesn’t clash. Gray doesn’t really clash with anything which is why so many developers go with it. 

My problem is that green-ish color, not the grey.  It just looks like it isn't finished. Or they tried to pick a paint color that would match the concrete grey but made a mistake.  O well.

Maybe its not the paint color but the fact that it doesn't stick out like the other part. I dunno, just looks unfinished to me!