Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Having the squares as an accent looks fantastic.  The tower would have been too chaotic if it were fully covered in squares.

Agreed. I think breaking up the exterior  texture looks fantastic. A2

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I forget where we always talk about a cap but man if that circled section isn't just prime for it. The relatively small section (what is that, 0.5 mile?) would keep overall cost "reasonable" as well while providing a HUGE mobility boost and flow of foot/bike/scooter traffic between Uptown and SouthEnd/Wilmore.

Activity is the lifeblood of a city, gotta keep it pumping and circulating.

cap.jpg.88681261b94ab5f8487d7e05e1e4e1e4.jpg

Right!? That section is like a massive blood clot to the circulatory system of the QC. It’s an amazing opportunity to connect ! Time for for some open heart Urban surgery! Break out the scalpel (em, Bulldozers)! Build it and they will come! :tw_glasses:

ps—-just think about how much economic activity was generated by creating land around the interchanges off  277. A cap would be multiples of that impact!

pss—-now back to topic. Ally looks amazingly good!

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

I still like the building, but the elevator shaft sticking up above the roof screen is really starting to bug me. Why not just make the core the same height all the way across or the screen around the top five feet taller to hide the core shaft? 

Because its Crescent.  Look at their fabulous parking garages all across Charlotte.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I second that, it seriously looks like a design flaw or an oversight. Someone, I think RDF, said it would be less noticeable than the chillers on 300ST but I digress, it's a lot more obvious. I hope Crescent and Little does read this thread and realise how much they messed up. 

Literally none of the screening is up...

26 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Literally none of the screening is up...

Even without the screening, you can clearly see how much the elevator shaft will stick out by- it’s obvious. But I’ll take your word for it, I’ll reserve full judgement for when it’s screened. 

We’re not talking about the screening, we’re taking about the fact the elevator shaft is taller than the highest steel girders that will hold the screening. Thus, the screening when finished won’t screen it. 

I think it’ll be quite a bit less noticeable than what you guys are seeing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk