Bled_man

Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It’s ok. There’s a pocket park planned the rest of the block behind though, which will be a nice place for dogs to relieve themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To expand on this comment a bit. It is a slick rendering but it’s a bit antiseptic for my liking, they sexied up what will likely be a negative feature for this project by putting in exotic cars. 

The comment about dogs having a place to pee, was not meant to be funny, or mean. Take a walk in romare, our four legged friends need a place to pee, they are killing all the grass and trees. Uptown needs a dog park, fast.

Nothing in here was meant to sound "jerky" so apologies. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this is why I don't want a cap just better pedestrian connections from Southend to uptown and vice versa.  Drive bys today. 

IMG_2125 (1).JPG

Do you think they will change the color of that green space between the windows? It really clashes with the grey concrete color and has been bugging me since the day it started going up!

1 hour ago, youngt2 said:

Do you think they will change the color of that green space between the windows? It really clashes with the grey concrete color and has been bugging me since the day it started going up!

I dont think so but I will ask @ricky_davis_fan_21 as he is the expert on this building.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I don't think it clashes. haha. I like it. No way it changes. Though I wish it was woodgrain, but that'd be far too 2019, and look dated in a few years.

That is sad. I think its a really ugly color :(

Huh? It doesn’t clash. Gray doesn’t really clash with anything which is why so many developers go with it. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Huh? It doesn’t clash. Gray doesn’t really clash with anything which is why so many developers go with it. 

My problem is that green-ish color, not the grey.  It just looks like it isn't finished. Or they tried to pick a paint color that would match the concrete grey but made a mistake.  O well.

Maybe its not the paint color but the fact that it doesn't stick out like the other part. I dunno, just looks unfinished to me!

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Having the squares as an accent looks fantastic.  The tower would have been too chaotic if it were fully covered in squares.

Agreed. I think breaking up the exterior  texture looks fantastic. A2

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I forget where we always talk about a cap but man if that circled section isn't just prime for it. The relatively small section (what is that, 0.5 mile?) would keep overall cost "reasonable" as well while providing a HUGE mobility boost and flow of foot/bike/scooter traffic between Uptown and SouthEnd/Wilmore.

Activity is the lifeblood of a city, gotta keep it pumping and circulating.

cap.jpg.88681261b94ab5f8487d7e05e1e4e1e4.jpg

Right!? That section is like a massive blood clot to the circulatory system of the QC. It’s an amazing opportunity to connect ! Time for for some open heart Urban surgery! Break out the scalpel (em, Bulldozers)! Build it and they will come! :tw_glasses:

ps—-just think about how much economic activity was generated by creating land around the interchanges off  277. A cap would be multiples of that impact!

pss—-now back to topic. Ally looks amazingly good!

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_2282.JPG

IMG_2307.JPG

I still think the Ally Center has too much blocking on it. Regions looks so much better without it