Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

15 minutes ago, a2theb said:

I still cannot comprehend why this tower is not supposed to be delivered until Spring 2021.  Interior work seems to be rolling and exterior is essentially done.

same.

1 hour ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Yet they still haven’t completed the top?  What is the hold up? 

Perhaps they are going for the whole industrial  vibe. You know the  “see the entire mechanical room look”. Ha!

but seriously, we need to put a crown on this one. 

• Like 1

I feel like y’all should be more curious about what exactly is going up there. Something normal would already be up... just saying.

They called it a crown fit for the queen city.

1a14579cc17425c6f34a3013f01f42e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I feel like y’all should be more curious about what exactly is going up there. Something normal would already be up... just saying.

They called it a crown fit for the queen city.

1a14579cc17425c6f34a3013f01f42e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me Excited!!!:yahoo:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

According to the renderings it looks as though it will be a pretty basic screened top- maybe some really cool LED lighting? Either way, just finish it already- my OCD Is driving me insane. 

Lol, right!?

• Haha 1

According to the renderings it looks as though it will be a pretty basic screened top- maybe some really cool LED lighting? Either way, just finish it already- my OCD Is driving me insane. 

I know what the renderings say. I’m suggesting that we can expect more, hopefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not trying to get peoples hopes up, but I think we were expecting the top of this building to be ETFE, which is what is used in the pyramid at legacy Union. I think crescent is hinting at something more, keep in mind wanderwall certainly wasn’t a requirement on Novel Stonewall. Crescent spends money on architectural screening, even when its misplaced behind two hotels. I’ll call them tomorrow and ask for the scoop.

1 minute ago, CLT_King said:

And the hat is finally going up! 

image.jpg

weird, they told me December/January this morning. Maybe this is just brackets, because I know the screening they are using is taller than the box that is currently there.

I hate to repeat the obvious, but based on the last post ^, if the screening doesn't extend above the cross-bar, I believe the mechanical equipment will still be just barely visible from SouthEnd.  Maybe this some sort of phase I material?  See below the cross-bar is lower than the equipment.  Otherwise, hopefully the screening so substantially covers it, the uncovered sliver will be negligible.

AllyMechanical.png.05a2a21e3ba9effe596f7f8a4e3b5e90.png

Edited by J-Rob