Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

5 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

I hate to repeat the obvious, but based on the last post ^, if the screening doesn't extend above the cross-bar, I believe the mechanical equipment will still be just barely visible from SouthEnd.  Maybe this some sort of phase I material?  See below the cross-bar is lower than the equipment.

AllyMechanical.png.05a2a21e3ba9effe596f7f8a4e3b5e90.png

I'm not making a judgment based on 8% of one side being covered with some material. but lets be honest, it probably won't make anyone happy.

Edited by Guest

Based on the renderings - I always assumed there would be some degree of translucence. As illustrated in the last shot, that becomes problematic because the vertical braces are clearly visible. Maybe they’ll come through with a back layer to block light so the hat/crown looks a bit more visually consistent. 

Also - I think it would have been better if it wasn’t setback as far as it is. Just my 2 cents. Overall I’m very pleased with this building.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

all around and from my perch.  Today.  I see the wind screen or "top hat" looks more like a sweatband to me though.  Hotel rising quickly.   Wondering what type of screening there will be on the deck as we need the biggest Wanderwall in the world on this sucker.  

IMG_6770 (2).JPG

What is the final floor count on the hotel?  Thought I read 14 stories on some website yesterday, but I recall an article mentioning 22

1 minute ago, NOLA2CLT said:

What is the final floor count on the hotel?  Thought I read 14 stories on some website yesterday, but I recall an article mentioning 22

22 stories 280 feet according to Wikipedia and it is very accurate because of our UP members updates it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mgelbach said:

In case you were wondering about the other side!

2B42B1CF-8F2E-41DA-823C-2993DA50BC9C.jpeg

This view is going to look wild when here's a 600+ ft tall DEC 2 in it.

Edited by Guest