Bled_man

Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

all around and from my perch.  Today.  I see the wind screen or "top hat" looks more like a sweatband to me though.  Hotel rising quickly.   Wondering what type of screening there will be on the deck as we need the biggest Wanderwall in the world on this sucker.  

IMG_6770 (2).JPG

What is the final floor count on the hotel?  Thought I read 14 stories on some website yesterday, but I recall an article mentioning 22

1 minute ago, NOLA2CLT said:

What is the final floor count on the hotel?  Thought I read 14 stories on some website yesterday, but I recall an article mentioning 22

22 stories 280 feet according to Wikipedia and it is very accurate because of our UP members updates it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

22 stories 280 feet according to Wikipedia and it is very accurate because of our UP members updates it. 

ah nice...Emporis has it listed as 14 stories

image.png.763f0bd03944428819b3c107ceb7db12.png

These white discoloration/drippings are all over the inset horizontals gray (concrete?) sections. Wondering if it can be cleaned off by window washers? Or if it’s a permanent fixture.

FB6EE277-A340-4BEA-BCE2-821D2A19E9D8.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This view is going to look wild when here's a 600+ ft tall DEC 2 in it.

The view from The Ratcliffe is awesome too.  You see DEC1,  Deloitte, Ally and then down Stonewall. It makes the center city feel large knowing that you are only seeing one sector of the city containing a lot of high rise buildings.

• Like 4

Director of citywide sales from the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau named the director of sales and marketing for the JW Marriott.

https://www.hotel-online.com/press_releases/release/white-lodging-appoints-thomas-dolan-as-director-of-sales-marketing-at-jw-marriott-charlotte/

Dolan will focus on opening the JW Marriott Charlotte and supporting economic growth for tourism, travel and convention business in the local Charlotte market place. 

The JW Marriott Charlotte will feature 381 modern guestrooms in addition to an expansive outdoor terrace that will house a swimming pool and contemporary bar with alfresco seating. Additional standout amenities include the hotel’s Spa by JW – JW Marriott’s full service luxury spa concept, a sizable co-working executive lounge, and a bar with outdoor seating options that connects directly to the plaza and adjacent businesses. JW Marriott Charlotte’s Lobby Lounge will incorporate outdoor seating for guests to dine directly on Stonewall Street.

With more than 22,000 square feet of meeting and event space, JW Marriott Charlotte includes the expansive outdoor terrace, a grand ballroom spanning more than 5,100 square feet, a junior ballroom totaling approximately 2,400 square feet and nearly 7,000 square feet of additional breakout space.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

These white discoloration/drippings are all over the inset horizontals gray (concrete?) sections. Wondering if it can be cleaned off by window washers? Or if it’s a permanent fixture.

FB6EE277-A340-4BEA-BCE2-821D2A19E9D8.png

Novel Atherton looked pretty bad until one day it didn't. I'm sure this will get resolved. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not convinced the panels are the final look. I asked my contact some questions and the only answer I got was basically "patience."

An answer many of us eager beavers have had to get used to on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1