Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This view is going to look wild when here's a 600+ ft tall DEC 2 in it.

The view from The Ratcliffe is awesome too.  You see DEC1,  Deloitte, Ally and then down Stonewall. It makes the center city feel large knowing that you are only seeing one sector of the city containing a lot of high rise buildings.

• Like 4

Director of citywide sales from the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau named the director of sales and marketing for the JW Marriott.

https://www.hotel-online.com/press_releases/release/white-lodging-appoints-thomas-dolan-as-director-of-sales-marketing-at-jw-marriott-charlotte/

Dolan will focus on opening the JW Marriott Charlotte and supporting economic growth for tourism, travel and convention business in the local Charlotte market place. 

The JW Marriott Charlotte will feature 381 modern guestrooms in addition to an expansive outdoor terrace that will house a swimming pool and contemporary bar with alfresco seating. Additional standout amenities include the hotel’s Spa by JW – JW Marriott’s full service luxury spa concept, a sizable co-working executive lounge, and a bar with outdoor seating options that connects directly to the plaza and adjacent businesses. JW Marriott Charlotte’s Lobby Lounge will incorporate outdoor seating for guests to dine directly on Stonewall Street.

With more than 22,000 square feet of meeting and event space, JW Marriott Charlotte includes the expansive outdoor terrace, a grand ballroom spanning more than 5,100 square feet, a junior ballroom totaling approximately 2,400 square feet and nearly 7,000 square feet of additional breakout space.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

These white discoloration/drippings are all over the inset horizontals gray (concrete?) sections. Wondering if it can be cleaned off by window washers? Or if it’s a permanent fixture.

FB6EE277-A340-4BEA-BCE2-821D2A19E9D8.png

Novel Atherton looked pretty bad until one day it didn't. I'm sure this will get resolved. 

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

view from freeway today.  No signs of the "sweatband" on this side yet. 

IMG_6866.JPG

Not convinced the panels are the final look. I asked my contact some questions and the only answer I got was basically "patience."

On 11/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, TheOneRJ said:

Director of citywide sales from the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau named the director of sales and marketing for the JW Marriott.

https://www.hotel-online.com/press_releases/release/white-lodging-appoints-thomas-dolan-as-director-of-sales-marketing-at-jw-marriott-charlotte/

So when this new Marriott is completed, what becomes of the old Marriott at The Square?

4 hours ago, JacksonH said:

So when this new Marriott is completed, what becomes of the old Marriott at The Square?

This is a JW Marriott, one of the three most upscale brands in the Marriott chain. The Marriott would be a step below this hotel and just completed a major renovation. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not knowledgeable about the logistics of pour in place, and I do recognize it takes longer than steel beam construction, but this is the project that I feel is taking *FOREVER*, even more so than the Intercontinental (which I know isn't actually true). Every time someone posts a picture of its progress, though, I just feel like I'm watching paint dry instead.

19 minutes ago, ertley said:

I'm not knowledgeable about the logistics of pour in place, and I do recognize it takes longer than steel beam construction, but this is the project that I feel is taking *FOREVER*, even more so than the Intercontinental (which I know isn't actually true). Every time someone posts a picture of its progress, though, I just feel like I'm watching paint dry instead.

Once it gets passed the podium, which has very tall ceilings, and open spaces, and gets to the hotel, it'll get much faster.

2 hours ago, ertley said:

As I can see the site from my desk I can assure that it’s a bustling and busy site. A lot of workers and a lot of activity on a daily basis. 

Its about to hit the top of the parking ramp. Framing for that pour is going up today. 

• Thanks 1