Bled_man

Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

4 hours ago, JacksonH said:

So when this new Marriott is completed, what becomes of the old Marriott at The Square?

This is a JW Marriott, one of the three most upscale brands in the Marriott chain. The Marriott would be a step below this hotel and just completed a major renovation. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not knowledgeable about the logistics of pour in place, and I do recognize it takes longer than steel beam construction, but this is the project that I feel is taking *FOREVER*, even more so than the Intercontinental (which I know isn't actually true). Every time someone posts a picture of its progress, though, I just feel like I'm watching paint dry instead.

19 minutes ago, ertley said:

I'm not knowledgeable about the logistics of pour in place, and I do recognize it takes longer than steel beam construction, but this is the project that I feel is taking *FOREVER*, even more so than the Intercontinental (which I know isn't actually true). Every time someone posts a picture of its progress, though, I just feel like I'm watching paint dry instead.

Once it gets passed the podium, which has very tall ceilings, and open spaces, and gets to the hotel, it'll get much faster.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ertley said:

As I can see the site from my desk I can assure that it’s a bustling and busy site. A lot of workers and a lot of activity on a daily basis. 

Its about to hit the top of the parking ramp. Framing for that pour is going up today. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yeahdoug said:

Why are they hanging more shower curtains? Surely those will be some kind of paneling and not fabric?!

I think its ETFE, but I'm still not 100% convinced this is the finished product, if it is... then they need someone to set expectations better. Because this is not the story I was sold when they said "Crown fit for the Queen City"

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, turbocraig said:

So here’s an interesting tidbit from today’s CLT Ledger on approved rezonings.  Says this is for an office building which would make me think this has something to do with Ally’s top, but the address is the JW Marriott, I believe.  Anyone have any more deets?

Crescent Communities LLC. 2.4 acres at 600 S. College St. from UMUD-O to UMUD-O SPA. “To update the signage request on approved office tower.” Would allow “up to two attached electronic signs (video or LED screen) with a maximum size of 450 square feet each” and other changes to signs and setbacks requirements.

I think that is for the parking deck based on what I remember but I'm not certain. 

I’m daring to dream it’s actually just the backer for the LED screens hinted at elsewhere ala the new concourse at CLT or the giant display in LU1. 

Edited by Matthew.Brendan
edit
  • Like 1

All of the renderings show a degree of translucence in the sweat band. So this might be it (+ Ally signage). Hopefully not - the material for the sweatband doesn’t really go with the rest of the building.

• Like 1