Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

8 hours ago, Yeahdoug said:

Why are they hanging more shower curtains? Surely those will be some kind of paneling and not fabric?!

I think its ETFE, but I'm still not 100% convinced this is the finished product, if it is... then they need someone to set expectations better. Because this is not the story I was sold when they said "Crown fit for the Queen City"

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, turbocraig said:

So here’s an interesting tidbit from today’s CLT Ledger on approved rezonings.  Says this is for an office building which would make me think this has something to do with Ally’s top, but the address is the JW Marriott, I believe.  Anyone have any more deets?

Crescent Communities LLC. 2.4 acres at 600 S. College St. from UMUD-O to UMUD-O SPA. “To update the signage request on approved office tower.” Would allow “up to two attached electronic signs (video or LED screen) with a maximum size of 450 square feet each” and other changes to signs and setbacks requirements.

I think that is for the parking deck based on what I remember but I'm not certain. 

1 minute ago, King of the Queen City said:

Please don’t let this be the final “crown.”

Its taking so long for them to put this up that I'm thinking there must be more to it than meets the eye.  Maybe it has some sort of LED integration which could make it pretty cool.

Right now it really does look a like a shower curtain, and it is even more translucent than pictures show.

5 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Its taking so long for them to put this up that I'm thinking there must be more to it than meets the eye.  Maybe it has some sort of LED integration which could make it pretty cool.

Right now it really does look a like a shower curtain, and it is even more translucent than pictures show.

I hope you’re right. I’m fairly certain it will look good at night. I’m just concerned about how it will look during the day.

I was walking around this area (Ally/LU) during Panthers game yesterday and it feels like a different city with basically every building on that street being new.  I really hope the retail pans out well...it's a perfectly situated plaza flanked by a 5 star hotel and Ally.  If there's a spot to pop Uptown's retail cherry, this could be a good spot.  I don't know the logistics and size of each retail slot, but I feel like a higher end tenant could do well in this location.  The Sephora and boutiques at Atherton, for example, I could see in this plaza.  I could see an Apple/Zara in this location (two stores I believe are in the If you build it they will come category). 

I know the sqft of each avail spot are probably too small for a lot of these applications, but I just figure the LU deck is going to be mainly food/beverage options.  I potentially see an opportunity to make Ally plaza a very nice shopping area.  I won't get my hopes up too much, bc we'll end up with two nail salons right next to each other, a bank branch, and an ear, throat and nose (Novel Station -lol i'm being facetious)...but I appreciate the services they provide, i just don't utilize any of them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I was walking around this area (Ally/LU) during Panthers game yesterday and it feels like a different city with basically every building on that street being new.  I really hope the retail pans out well...it's a perfectly situated plaza flanked by a 5 star hotel and Ally.  If there's a spot to pop Uptown's retail cherry, this could be a good spot.  I don't know the logistics and size of each retail slot, but I feel like a higher end tenant could do well in this location.  The Sephora and boutiques at Atherton, for example, I could see in this plaza.  I could see an Apple/Zara in this location (two stores I believe are in the If you build it they will come category). 

I know the sqft of each avail spot are probably too small for a lot of these applications, but I just figure the LU deck is going to be mainly food/beverage options.  I potentially see an opportunity to make Ally plaza a very nice shopping area.  I won't get my hopes up too much, bc we'll end up with two nail salons right next to each other, a bank branch, and an ear, throat and nose (Novel Station -lol i'm being facetious)...but I appreciate the services they provide, i just don't utilize any of them.

It'll be a restaurant only open during lunch.