Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

8 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I was walking around this area (Ally/LU) during Panthers game yesterday and it feels like a different city with basically every building on that street being new.  I really hope the retail pans out well...it's a perfectly situated plaza flanked by a 5 star hotel and Ally.  If there's a spot to pop Uptown's retail cherry, this could be a good spot.  I don't know the logistics and size of each retail slot, but I feel like a higher end tenant could do well in this location.  The Sephora and boutiques at Atherton, for example, I could see in this plaza.  I could see an Apple/Zara in this location (two stores I believe are in the If you build it they will come category). 

I know the sqft of each avail spot are probably too small for a lot of these applications, but I just figure the LU deck is going to be mainly food/beverage options.  I potentially see an opportunity to make Ally plaza a very nice shopping area.  I won't get my hopes up too much, bc we'll end up with two nail salons right next to each other, a bank branch, and an ear, throat and nose (Novel Station -lol i'm being facetious)...but I appreciate the services they provide, i just don't utilize any of them.

Current "merchandising" for the building is as follows. 

Fronting Tryon (from Stonewall to Hill) 
• Premiere Retail Space (seems targeted toward true retail)
• Coffee/Bakery
• Wine/Beer Shop
• Full Service Restaurant

Fronting Hill Street
• Side of Full Service Restaurant
• Fitness
• Side of Market.

Fronting Retail Alley
• Front face of market 
• Beauty/Service Retail
• Full Service Restaurant Side

Facing the Plaza

• Side of Full Service
• Side of Premier Retail.

Plus the 1100 Sq Foot Jewel Box

I'm not yet sure about JW Marriot's retail.

image.thumb.png.b2f4f5b63f9b171236306a1f6d6b7bf1.png
Here is a view down the back retail alley

Zara and Apple would require larger spaces than are available. This is where the big spaces at Vantage would be useful. There are some marquee sized retail spaces. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Current "merchandising" for the building is as follows. 

Fronting Tryon (from Stonewall to Hill) 
• Premiere Retail Space (seems targeted toward true retail)
• Coffee/Bakery
• Wine/Beer Shop
• Full Service Restaurant

Fronting Hill Street
• Side of Full Service Restaurant
• Fitness
• Side of Market.

Fronting Retail Alley
• Front face of market 
• Beauty/Service Retail
• Full Service Restaurant Side

Facing the Plaza

• Side of Full Service
• Side of Premier Retail.

Plus the 1100 Sq Foot Jewel Box

I'm not yet sure about JW Marriot's retail.

image.thumb.png.b2f4f5b63f9b171236306a1f6d6b7bf1.png
Here is a view down the back retail alley

Zara and Apple would require larger spaces than are available. This is where the big spaces at Vantage would be useful. There are some marquee sized retail spaces. 

The brick or (faux brick) and awning looks like it belongs at Ayrsley or some other nondescript suburban strip mall, and it certainly doesn't match with the mid century inspired look of the tower. I fear this project has devolved from one of the most promising to being extremely VE'd . Lets hope the hotel and the covering of the roof and deck can save it.

15 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

The brick or (faux brick) and awning looks like it belongs at Ayrsley or some other nondescript suburban strip mall, and it certainly doesn't match with the mid century inspired look of the tower. I fear this project has devolved from one of the most promising to being extremely VE'd . Lets hope the hotel and the covering of the roof and deck can save it.

image.thumb.png.084ee3a73600075ec29de020a9545d25.png

image.thumb.png.3a8a42cad45c224cc2b3245233370065.png

I actually don't mind it at all, they are doing each retail space's facades differently, I think it will go a long way toward breaking away from the homogeny. 

It reminds me of the facades of the retail buildings that have been built in the Meatpacking district, more than it ever would Arysley. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Miesian Corners said:

Let’s just hope lots of money gets spent on the “crown”. 

I'm patiently waiting until I know this is the final look. They somehow got away without submitting full elevations, so all I have is their words "be patient, its not complete."

16 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm patiently waiting until I know this is the final look. They somehow got away without submitting full elevations, so all I have is their words "be patient, its not complete."

Could be 2 layers with LED lighting in between. Would solve the opacity issue and create a vibrant lighting treatment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

any of you sign experts out there know how much a sign that big, with that much purple goes for these days?

Actually happen to be a sign expert. I know in NYC that would cost $45,000 just for material and print. Not sure about installation.

3 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

What cant  you do RDF?

Find a job in Charlotte, so I can move there, apparently lol.

That pricing reflects a very high volume large format company that works nationwide, so it could be higher in Charlotte, believe it or not.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Wonder if they’ll have large signs like this covering the empty upper seats of BOA Stadium during MLS Games so doesn’t look too empty and to promote more advertising opportunities.  

Bet on it. The Sounders do that with parts of their upper level and I'd imagine other teams playing in football stadiums do too. It would be banners in team colors with their sponsor's logos on them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

I think we'd charge around 12$sqft, but I've got no clue what size that right there is.

Its around 167 feet by 46.5 feet. My price was just print and material, but I'd have to freight that, and have no idea how I'd bind it, and install on an active construction site. 

5 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I think you just ship it in a big cardboard tube, and then anchor it with some bricks at the top of the garage and just toss the banner over the side. How much can a 7800 sf vinyl weather resistant banner possibly weigh, 20 or 30lbs?

700 pounds. lol

Edited by Guest